Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidor Cigar Count?

I appologize if this has been asked and answered already. My wife got me a 25-50 cigar count humidor. My question is what size is 25 and what size is the 50? I like the bigger cigars but I would rather light up two smaller ones than one big one if it means I can have more on stock.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Not sure exactly... 25 count, maybe 10 cigars in the larger gauge... 50 maybe 30 or 25 cigars. now if you get a bunch of lanceros then that number will increase.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Usually the number is for corona sized cigars. Larger cigars will be some order of magnitude less. However, if the humidor comes stocked with a particular cigars, it is obviously going to hold a certain number of that type of cigar.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    Usually the number is for corona sized cigars. Larger cigars will be some order of magnitude less. However, if the humidor comes stocked with a particular cigars, it is obviously going to hold a certain number of that type of cigar.

Ditto on the corona sized cigars point.

• Options
    Rule number one: if you find yourself saying "if I can have more stock" buy a bigger/more humidor(s)
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I'm just going to beat Kuzi to adding this because I feel that he more than likely will be
    kuzi16:
    if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need than many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    if you are looking for a cabinet, just build a walk in.
    if you are looking to build a walk in, just buy yourself your own shop.
    if you already have your own shop, quit your ****!!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    I'm just going to beat Kuzi to adding this because I feel that he more than likely will be
    kuzi16:
    if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need than many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    LOL.... that's pretty good. I've never seen that before. I'd say very good advice! I took these guys advice on the forums when I first started my collection and got a 300 count humidor. While it was good advice, I'm wishing I had bought something bigger as I'm already starting my first tuppidore and I have another box of cigars on the way. Once you start collecting and figuring out how to obtain really expensive, really good cigars for less than $3.00 a piece, you're gonna wish you had more room.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Thewelder:
    kuzi16:
    LOL.... that's pretty good. I've never seen that before. I'd say very good advice! I took these guys advice on the forums when I first started my collection and got a 300 count humidor. While it was good advice, I'm wishing I had bought something bigger as I'm already starting my first tuppidore and I have another box of cigars on the way. Once you start collecting and figuring out how to obtain really expensive, really good cigars for less than $3.00 a piece, you're gonna wish you had more room.
    You might be able to find a nice wine fridge. They make pretty good humidors and alot prettier than a coolidor!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    clearlysuspect:
    Thewelder:
    kuzi16:
    You might be able to find a nice wine fridge. They make pretty good humidors and alot prettier than a coolidor!
    If I buy a wine fridge, my massive collection wine will definately go in it before the cigars do. Not a bad idea though.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    clearlysuspect:
    Thewelder:
    kuzi16:
    If I buy a wine fridge, my massive collection wine will definately go in it before the cigars do. Not a bad idea though.
    I started with one 50 count, moved quickly into another 50 count and a 40 count Gurkha humi. Now I use these for various sticks at different RH from 65% - 69% and I have moved up to one of those monster coleman coolers (4 ft.long) we use on the West Coast for storing fresh fish in while still on the boat. I am not sure of the stick count of it...but I bet it is more then 1000 LOL. This one has never seen anything but cigars, no fishies, just for clarification, LOL
    Bottom line is, if you don't drop this "Hobby" within a couple of weeks of starting in it... you need a BIGGER humi(s)
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    The humidor journey sounds the familiar...I started with a fifty count,,,next a 150-200 count...then a large cooleridor...then another 200 count...and another 200 count...plus another small cooleridor...should have bought another large cooleridor, I am not going to buy any more humidors...However there is a nice Savoy Bubinga that would look nice...just kidding. But all kidding aside starting with a larger humidor would have been better for me.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    kuzi16:
    my work here is done.