Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    After a day of killer thunderstorms and very heavy rains and flooding again in Houston, sheesh. I smoked an amazing cigar gifted to me by @avengethis.

This peppery, spicy and leathery flavor stick was a hidden gem produced by the Zaid brothers from Texas.

It was a great smoke from start to finish. Glad to see the Lonestar state is contributing to the premium cigar world in such a spectacular fashion.

So, outside, during a break in the weather, waiting for more storms. This smoke allowed me a better end to a weekend courtesy of a Californian. What are you gonna do, sheesh? Except say "Go Penguins!
    All kidding aside, great find @avengethis, in my own backyard no less.

(P.S. meant to post this much earlier, but recently been having long wait times for pictures to upload).
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrouchoM glad you enjoyed it my friend.  I have really been digging these.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padilla Single Batch!image
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's selection generously provided by the Shizza! 
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Murcielago tonight. First time w/ the bat, and it is tasty. I let my better half know she is officially appointed as the ceegar selector from here on out. A high honor...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we have to get ya back on he vherf
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    A Murcielago tonight. First time w/ the bat, and it is tasty. I let my better half know she is officially appointed as the ceegar selector from here on out. A high honor...
    That's a solid but fairly unknown to many Don Pepin Garcia blend, great maddie for sure. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    That's a solid but fairly unknown to many Don Pepin Garcia blend, great maddie for sure. 

Brett
    The old one but it has been reblended and rereleased 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    jarubla said:

Brett
    The old one but it has been reblended and rereleased 
    Ahh geez shows what I know, man I have been out of it I guess lol. Who does the new one? The old one was a terrific one trick pony.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Espinosa said he reversed engineered it to try and get back to the old blend. I have only and the old blend so I can't compare
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Espinosa said he reversed engineered it to try and get back to the old blend. I have only and the old blend so I can't compare
    At least it wasn't by RP or Gurkha HAHAHAA. Thanks for the info Nick, I think I have one of the old blend left too, doubtful I would be searching out the new but hope it goes well all the same :)

Brett
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last OR Zombie Antidoteimage
    That's sad! These are tasty!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panacea Red Maduro Torpedo, ROTT
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panacea Red Maduro Torpedo, ROTT
    I like them a lot. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    2015 Tat TAA from Mr. Vengeance, thanks bro awesome smoke!

Brett
  • Options
    Blast from the past, OR Tat M80 from June 2011, courtesy of my good friend Justin Hewey @JHewey

Holy hell this is a powerhouse stick but so damn good thank you!

Brett
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in that you need to chain down your bench..
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigarPunk said:
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in that you need to chain down your bench..
    You don't want to know.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Nice choice Jason, awhile back I was smoking one of those on the back porch (loving it of course, great stick1) and Amanda asked me to make her a sweet drink. Mixed her up a White Russian but she ended up not liking it, so not wanting to waste I had that with that Jamie Garcia not expecting it to pair well. Gotta say that it really changed the cigar for the better, the flavors of the Khalua and the cream really complimented and balanced the cigar and made it just explode. If you have never tried it I cannot recommend enough, that cigar specifically was made for pairing with White Russians, at least for my palate.

Brett

PS. Good to see you man, hope you are doing well its been too long ;)
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, Brett.  I think you just made up my mind what my evening smoke (and drink) will be.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Good idea, Brett.  I think you just made up my mind what my evening smoke (and drink) will be.
    Would love to hear what you think Peter, the coffee notes in both the drink and tobacco really build off of each other. As a coffee man yourself would love to hear your thoughts, would be very interesting to hear from someone much smarter than myself in that area ;)

Brett