Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Panacea Red Maduro Torpedo, ROTT
    Did you get a new phone? Nice picture. Only recall your description of cigar enjoyed. Maybe I am wrong. 
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the pre-release Hyde.

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Sherm, let me know what you think and hope you enjoy the hell outta it ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that from this year's S&S releases @rsherman24?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLTC Green Go Robusto
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    CigarPunk said:
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in that you need to chain down your bench..
    You don't want to know.
    My neighborhood, we sleep in bodybags just in case.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Still one of my go to cigars.  4 years old
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Very nice Rick ;)

Great choice Jim, heard lots of good things letting mine rest a bit first. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still one of my go to cigars.  4 years old
    welcome back from the abyss Rick
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that from this year's S&S releases @rsherman24?
    No @avengethis this was from last year's.  I think the new ones come out around september.  
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in this year but wasnt sure when things went out.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    A Nicaraguan puro from Cigar Federation, one of their factory direct boutique cigars. Very pleasant smoke with a simple profile. First third a nutty chocolate to a woody espresso in the second third and then the chocolate returned n the final third. Nice white ash and the burn line was sharp. It would get a little uneven and then self correct. Draw was a bit uneven with tight spots and low smoke and then a nice draw with plumes of smoke. I got this stick in their $12.95 sampler for new customers. It retails for $5 and I think it's worth of a fiver.

Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    @rsherman24, thanks Carl this one was very tasty! June 2013 #2 AME

Brett
  • Options
    eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Alec Brady Black Market Vandal with a Sandeman Founders Reserve Porto.
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Good idea, Brett.  I think you just made up my mind what my evening smoke (and drink) will be.
    Would love to hear what you think Peter, the coffee notes in both the drink and tobacco really build off of each other. As a coffee man yourself would love to hear your thoughts, would be very interesting to hear from someone much smarter than myself in that area ;)

Brett
    It was a fun experiment @90+_Irishman.  I got some coffee notes out it, but for me it produced more vanilla than coffee.  The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial had a date stamp on the box and they're exactly a year old - yours may have been older, and this one still had some spice packed into it.  Plus, we may make our White Russians a bit differently; this go around I used 3 parts vodka, 2 parts Kahlua, and 3 parts whole organic milk... didn't have half and half or cream on hand.

A delightful experiment...  next up is a Black Russian and a FDLA.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    peter4jc said:
    Good idea, Brett.  I think you just made up my mind what my evening smoke (and drink) will be.
    Would love to hear what you think Peter, the coffee notes in both the drink and tobacco really build off of each other. As a coffee man yourself would love to hear your thoughts, would be very interesting to hear from someone much smarter than myself in that area ;)

Brett
    It was a fun experiment @90+_Irishman.  I got some coffee notes out it, but for me it produced more vanilla than coffee.  The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial had a date stamp on the box and they're exactly a year old - yours may have been older, and this one still had some spice packed into it.  Plus, we may make our White Russians a bit differently; this go around I used 3 parts vodka, 2 parts Kahlua, and 3 parts whole organic milk... didn't have half and half or cream on hand.

A delightful experiment...  next up is a Black Russian and a FDLA.
    Really glad you liked it Peter, surprised me how well they paired and glad it wasn't just a fluke but something that compliments each other well :) I use half and half and vanilla Stoli's in mine so yeah a bit different, but two people drinking the same drink will taste different things too so makes sense! 

Those have some kick to them which is why I really like them aged a bit since they still have the punch but seem much more in harmony with the balance and how the flavors roll from one to the next, regardless though brilliant smokes they are!

Thanks for sharing, and that FDLA is killer. Last ones I smoked which were still fairly young had this excellent floral and black tea note that I never picked up in any other cigar before. Haven't had any of the older ones yet, hope they still have that profile as I loved it!

Bret
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drinking Age.  Ironically, with water. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Finca toro 
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice choice Jason, awhile back I was smoking one of those on the back porch (loving it of course, great stick1) and Amanda asked me to make her a sweet drink. Mixed her up a White Russian but she ended up not liking it, so not wanting to waste I had that with that Jamie Garcia not expecting it to pair well. Gotta say that it really changed the cigar for the better, the flavors of the Khalua and the cream really complimented and balanced the cigar and made it just explode. If you have never tried it I cannot recommend enough, that cigar specifically was made for pairing with White Russians, at least for my palate.

Brett

PS. Good to see you man, hope you are doing well its been too long ;)
    Love some Caucasians! ( from the big labouski)  Been gone too long my man gonna swing in more often than once in a blue moon.
  • Options
    eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Dunhill Heritage Churchill with a McClelland's Islay.
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    Nice choice Jason, awhile back I was smoking one of those on the back porch (loving it of course, great stick1) and Amanda asked me to make her a sweet drink. Mixed her up a White Russian but she ended up not liking it, so not wanting to waste I had that with that Jamie Garcia not expecting it to pair well. Gotta say that it really changed the cigar for the better, the flavors of the Khalua and the cream really complimented and balanced the cigar and made it just explode. If you have never tried it I cannot recommend enough, that cigar specifically was made for pairing with White Russians, at least for my palate.

Brett

PS. Good to see you man, hope you are doing well its been too long ;)
    Love some Caucasians! ( from the big labouski)  Been gone too long my man gonna swing in more often than once in a blue moon.
    Thanks Jason, and yes I was away for too long but glad to be back and seeing everyone, glad to see you here too! Here's to Caucasians and The Dude ;)

Brett
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    tabako said:
    To taken 56 years for life to be this good! Celebrating with AF Opus X and some of Peter4jc's Espresso roast! 

Happy Birthday @tabako great choice and pairing there!

Brett
  • Options
    Thanks Mark, awesome cigar you sent my for bday last year, dated 8-2014!

Brett
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Geeting ready to fire up a Cao steelhorse in about 3 minutes for the ride home from work. 
  • Options
    Having a Toraño Gold 1959 Exodus 50 year robo courtesy of Pops with him on the front porch in the shade after coming back from our ride. Pairing with a homemade caramel macchiato and complimenting perfectly! First time I've lit this one up, very big with dark espresso, bittersweet dark chocolate, almond with a light toast on the end and some gentle pepper and spice on the retrohale. A few fleeting notes here and there of walnut and cinnamon but comes and goes, loving it :)

Brett
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnny O Baby Salamon 5/16 
    These are smoking great 
    Stub'd @Stubble ; Stogie Stand'n @danielzreyes

Haven't heard the name Johnny O in a real long time. He still in the game? Last I heard some of his stuff was sub par but that's been a long while back.