Home General Discussion

TAA 2016

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone come across a place that is selling samplers of all the 2016 TAA's? If so can you send me a link in PM? (I realize some are not out yet but not sure if anyone does pre-orders or maybe knows of someone who sold them last year.). 

Thanks.
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen a sampler of all the TAA releases.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Ok, noob. What's TAA, beyond the coarser acronym...?
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stands for Tabocconists' Association of America - http://thetaa.org/  Each year some manufacturer a limited release cigar for shops that are part of this association.

This year La Palina, Tatuaje, Crowned Heads, Herrera Esteli, CLE, My Father, LFD, Padron, Quesada  all released a cigar.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Stands for Tabocconists' Association of America - http://thetaa.org/  Each year some manufacturer a limited release cigar for shops that are part of this association.

This year La Palina, Tatuaje, Crowned Heads, Herrera Esteli, CLE, My Father, LFD, Padron, Quesada  all released a cigar.

Ah, thanks. :)
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    @eklektos44 if you find them try them! They are gems and are always a good smoke...at least I haven't had a bad one
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy I sure wish that there WAS a sampler for all the TAA's, seems like a pretty obvious sampler so its a damn shame no one has put one together before now :(

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Boy I sure wish that there WAS a sampler for all the TAA's, seems like a pretty obvious sampler so its a damn shame no one has put one together before now :(

Brett
    Places would have to hold on to them too long since all the releases are all across the board! It would be nice but most just buy boxes and boxes of the ones they like. Really only June bug and a few others
    Money can't buy taste

Brett
    Places would have to hold on to them too long since all the releases are all across the board! It would be nice but most just buy boxes and boxes of the ones they like. Really only June bug and a few others
    Yeah I can understand the logistics would be a pain, but still feel that it is something doable just that no one has taken the effort to deal with the pain of it even though I have no doubt it would sell like hotcakes. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brett
    Yeah I can understand the logistics would be a pain, but still feel that it is something doable just that no one has taken the effort to deal with the pain of it even though I have no doubt it would sell like hotcakes. 

Brett
    I agree. Maybe next year I'll coordinate a mass box split of all the taa releases...
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Count me in on that. 
    Echambers said:

Brett

Brett
    I agree. Maybe next year I'll coordinate a mass box split of all the taa releases...
    The biggest issue is with that is by the time you get it and really want a box well they are gone! Then you need to pay the "tax" on the box or boxes you want. Just buy buy buy
    Money can't buy taste
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My b&m had 10 boxes left of the Angels anvil. They will also have a bunch of the tat and frequently have the Herrera Esteli taa. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    you could probably call any one of the shops that are TAA authorized retailers and ask them to put together a sampler
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be an interesting split. You could narrow it down to 10 cigars from the list, 2 cigars each for 10 guys.  Would have to make sure they are all boxes of 20 or buy some 5 packs.

• Limited Edition
      CLE Azabache
      Crowned Heads “The Angel’s Anvil” 2016
      Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Maduro
      La Flor Dominicana The “TAA 48”
      La Palina “Bill’s Blend”
      My Father El Centurion H2KCT
      Padron #48 TAA Exclusive
      Quesada Reserva Privada Maduro 
      Tatuaje TAA 2016

• Ongoing TAA production
      Ashton VSG Robusto Especial
      Drew Estate Acid Big Bang
      Padron 1964 Toro TAA Exclusive
      RP 15th Anniversary Robusto Grande
      Nat Sherman Panamericana

Would be an interesting split. You could narrow it down to 10 cigars from the list, 2 cigars each for 10 guys.  Would have to make sure they are all boxes of 20 or buy some 5 packs.

• Limited Edition
      CLE Azabache
      Crowned Heads “The Angel’s Anvil” 2016
      Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Maduro
      La Flor Dominicana The “TAA 48”
      La Palina “Bill’s Blend”
      My Father El Centurion H2KCT
      Padron #48 TAA Exclusive
      Quesada Reserva Privada Maduro 
      Tatuaje TAA 2016

• Ongoing TAA production
      Ashton VSG Robusto Especial
      Drew Estate Acid Big Bang
      Padron 1964 Toro TAA Exclusive
      RP 15th Anniversary Robusto Grande
      Nat Sherman Panamericana

Okay, that will be my goal for next year... :-)
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be tricky but fun.  If you got 10 guys with 200 up front, should cover most of it then just figure out the balance.  If we can get a connection with a TAA shop may be able to handle all of them.
    The problem is that they all don't release at the same time. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in on this. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Would be tricky but fun.  If you got 10 guys with 200 up front, should cover most of it then just figure out the balance.  If we can get a connection with a TAA shop may be able to handle all of them.
    I have a great hook up but they are two hours away and can't ship within state. But I'll talk to them next time I'm down there.  
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At my BnM tonight, I spied 5 of the top list.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Are we not talking about Fuente's "Toast Across America"? If thats what Echambers is talking about, let me know, and I will give you a lead on where I got mine.
    No this is something different KCW, the Toast Across America is two cigars in a dual coffin. This is about the special releases that roughly 12 companies release for the TAA association each year. Companies like Crowned Heads, Padron, AVO, Tatuaje etc.

Does that clarify for you?

Brett
    Picked up the la palina and tats yesterday
    -- Winston Churchill

Niiiiiice!!!!!! I bet those are going to be two of the best of th bunch, enjoy Nick ;)

Brett
    I've had the crowned head, the Tat, the my father and the drew estate. am working on tracking down the rest.  
    Echambers said:
    I've had the crowned head, the Tat, the my father and the drew estate. am working on tracking down the rest.  
    Pm sent
    -- Winston Churchill

I just went for the tats and crowned heads...I hope they are the better of them and so far the AA's are great but just got the tats so gonna let them a climate a bit
    Money can't buy taste
    Usaf06 said:
    Echambers said:
    Pm sent
    Thanks!