Home General Discussion

Macanudo Cabinet Vintage 1979 #1

124»

Comments

• eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    As a fellow detective those opus X should be sent to me for inspection 

No doubt some will be lost to analysis...;)
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    As a fellow detective those opus X should be sent to me for inspection 

No doubt some will be lost to analysis...;)
    Only way for a proper inspection
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• LRJohnsonLRJohnson Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I'm a novice but I can tell you they tasted good to me!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are in fact in good shape, as you suspect, hopefully Alex can point you in the direction you need to go to find a buyer who knows their value, wants them, and actually has the money.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got nachos for this guy yet?
    Thinking he needs a newsletter.
    Yes or no?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Yes or no?
    Sorry 0pat had to disagree! He's new and trying to sell stuff that might not have been stored correctly! He says he's a newb but says them old mac's have been store correctly plus he has no idea about opus. Then he says the macs are worth $300 well I had a chance to get davidoff cc's for $125 a piece so you tell me? IMO stay away and let time tell 
    Money can't buy taste
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen him trying to sell them, as much as inquiring about them. But I would be inclined to agree, he may not be too interested in the newsletter.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    0patience said:
    Yes or no?
    Sorry 0pat had to disagree! He's new and trying to sell stuff that might not have been stored correctly! He says he's a newb but says them old mac's have been store correctly plus he has no idea about opus. Then he says the macs are worth $300 well I had a chance to get davidoff cc's for $125 a piece so you tell me? IMO stay away and let time tell 
    Never said they were stored correctly!  All I said was they look to be in good shape!  Don't know what yall are talking about bit I'm not looking for anything but information! The information I got was from Alex Svenson!  I never said I wanted to sell anything either.  All I was looking for was information!  
    Want to reiterate!  I'm not looking for anything from anyone!  I was just simply trying to find out information about the cigars I have!  That is the second time you have been negative about me and you don't know me from Adam! And in regards to the opus I simply said what was written on the box and then I sent pictures!  No I don't know what they are but if you are implying that I am making stuff up you are wrong! I appreciate all the information I have received from everyone else!!  Thank you all
    I truly appreciate the positive feedback back from everyone else
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, don't mind him. He's a bit rough around the edges.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee, you're outta line. Again. You can be suspicious but, you don't have to be rude. And, where did he offer to sell anything?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understood what Lee was getting at.
    We all get guarded some times when we see these posts.
    I try and give the benefit of the doubt, but totally see Lee's side of it.

At this point, I think Landon has valid questions and has probably tried to find information, which is what led him here.
    From what I can see, IF he is trying to sell them, he is working with Alex or Ccom, not any of us. 
    If so, I don't see a problem with it, myself. 

Just my opinion. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my $.02 worth - I've been following this along, staying in the background, and I don't get the feeling that Landon is doing anything but what he says he's doing. I say cut the man some slack here. 

Usually, with the occasional troll or snake-oil salesman, there's a sense of something not quite right about the individual. I don't feel that in this case. To me, he's coming across as forthright and up-front. I think he'll make a good member if we don't run him off. 

So sayeth the oldfart.....  B)
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Here's my $.02 worth - I've been following this along, staying in the background, and I don't get the feeling that Landon is doing anything but what he says he's doing. I say cut the man some slack here. 

Usually, with the occasional troll or snake-oil salesman, there's a sense of something not quite right about the individual. I don't feel that in this case. To me, he's coming across as forthright and up-front. I think he'll make a good member if we don't run him off. 

Well said you old fart.
    jlmarta said:

Well said you old fart.
    Uh, that's all one word, Mr. Red Dog. Oldfart.  :p
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wellsaidyouoldfart

Like that 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    jlmarta said:

Well said you old fart.
    Uh, that's all one word, Mr. Red Dog. Oldfart.  :p
    Sorry I thought I saw old fart #2 spell it this way. My apologies oldfart. 
    All is forgiven, Y'all....   o:)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Lee is a great guy and solid in my book and have nothing but great stuff to say about him. I choose to believe that Lee was simply trying to protect us a bit from those that do come in and create some nasty issues, and that he cares deeply about this place. That isn't a bad thing and will always be welcome. We all have at times come off a bit rough around the edges, myself included many times before. Let's just let things be and smoke a good cigar. That being said, so far Landon seems to be a stand up guy to me at least and until such time as he would prove otherwise we should all just sit back and smoke a damn cigar ;)

@Lee.mcglynn @LRJohnson

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    To put it in words that are reasonable is that if the macanudos were ever not stored properly they have lost the oils that make the cigar great! If stored properly they would be a very nice find and I'm sure people would want them! Mac's from Jamaica are rare these days since the factory has moved to the DR. But how ever like said at this point who really knows if it's worth it. It's too bad you can't confirm about storage but I hope you enjoy them and hope that they turn out to be great!
    Money can't buy taste