Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Triple A, Triple A

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

Strength: 5-Full Bodied

Vitola: Robusto

Wrapper: Pennsylvania Broad leaf Maduro

Origin: Nicaragua

Just to start, this is a beautiful cigar! Nice thick and oily Pennsylvania Broad leaf Maduro wrapper. Very dark and possessing a rich and complex nose pre-burn. After I clipped the top the pre-burn taste ran to wood and leather with a hint of coffee. This always bodes well when the pre-taste is this pleasant.

The cigar lit up okay, but needed to toast a little longer than some. This seems to be pretty common with Vegas. They typically seem to be rolled full and tight and draw a little on the hard side, but not aggressively so. This cigar was no exception to that. It burned well and stayed evenly lit throughout.

Early puffs were balanced and complex with the pre-burn notes of wood and leather coming out in the smoke as well as spice and coffee. The coffee and spice tended to grow stronger in the second half, even becoming a little intense. There was a little sweetness consistent with the maduro wrapper

The final third of this seemed to be just a more intense version of the layered and full-bodied smoke from the first third. If you are a maduro lover, love bold cigars or look for bright flavor in your cigars, you will appreciate this one.

This stick would pair good with a spiced rum like Alander, Captain Morgan Black, or Clement Creole Shrubb. Other good pairings would be a German style Bock, an American Black Ale or perhaps an Irish style stout. Black Note Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout from Bell’s Brewery, Speedway Stout Barrel Aged from Alesmith Brewing or for you Midwesterners, Bourbon County Coffee (Ale) from Goose Island Beer Co. are all good choices. If you’re a red wine lover like me, stick to something like a Barbera or maybe a Petite Syrah. For you white wine enthusiasts, maybe an un-oaked Chardonnay.
Maybe one of you Whiskey lovers can suggest a whiskey pairing.

And of course for you rednecks, just go with a coke or a good apple pie moonshine! LOL (Kidding. Let's see who else can I offend...)

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awful! Just awful. Another "reviewer". :wink:
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Gotta share the passion. The joy is in the pairings. Love to find new ways to put my favorite four together. Food, Beer, Wine and Cigars.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bustin' yer balls a bit. Hehe. 
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Triple A with a nice pour of Eagle Rare or Maker's 46 on the rocks.
    On a side note, I am not a wine drinker but my dad is and has found that a nice Riesling pairs well with Cameroon wrappers.
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 5Vegas "A" with a BABA black lager very tasty 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to see if I can find one around here. Is it a very small or local brewery? I haven't heard of it. Sounds good though
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Utah brewery. Uinta brewing company. It's a schwarzbier style,very tasty with a maduro
    Non Crux sed lux
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    johnnyB said:
    I like the 5Vegas "A" with a BABA black lager very tasty 
    Not sure about the Lager, but the 5 Vegas A is among my top 5 favorite sticks.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Triple A with Irish Mist on the rocks.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, unless something has changed this stick was originally blended by AJ Fernandez and for my palate is the best one that 5 Vegas does ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the A over the AAA but I still think the classic is the best. Especially the corona or robusto.