Home Cigar 101

Clubs

10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
I have been seriously thinking about joining a cigar of the month club my QUESTION IS are they worth it!! the one that I'd like to join is cigar sense, are they worth it or just a way of getting your money?? What are your thoughts on the subject?? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm to you 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no what arrested development jason bateman michael bluth
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you said 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like buying a sampler every month, that's all.  Part of it will depend on how many sticks you smoke in a month; if you're buying more than you smoke already, then the COTM Club isn't going to help.  I liked Ccom's Club because of the write-up that comes with the sticks, and it'll give you some insight into what  you're smoking.

But I like Nick's answer best, because I know exactly what he'll tell you.  Listen to Nick.  Listen to me when I tell you to listen to Nick.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    I love a good turkey club. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna suggest you listen to Peter. He knows what's up.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    CigarPunk said:
    I love a good turkey club. 
    You ain't kidding! That was dinner tonight. As far as the ccom cotm club I never did it I just save for what I know I want to try or what I know I like. If your a noob maybe worth it but if your really picky then eh. 
    Money can't buy taste
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is good if you want to try different cigars. I did it for about a year when I started out and it helped open my eyes to different things. Now the question is, which CoTM is the best option, well I can't be of much help there. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and turkey clubs are delicious. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10toes54 said:
    I have been seriously thinking about joining a cigar of the month club my QUESTION IS are they worth it!! the one that I'd like to join is cigar sense, are they worth it or just a way of getting your money?? What are your thoughts on the subject?? 
    I don't know anything about "cigar sense", do they have a forum you could ask?

I do know about CCOM's cigar of the month club, and for me it's well worth it.  Not too pricey, almost always the cigars that arrive would have cost considerably more purchased individually, I get to try things I never would have tried, and 10% off your CCOM purchases. 

So, compare this with whatever "cigar sense" has to offer, whoever they are, and see what you want to do?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Clubs are good for beating non-cigar smoking puds with, but I prefer the more gentle method of pins in voodoo dolls!
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, did I say that!! Am I being too harsh? I really meant to say I like turkey clubs too, if they have bacon.
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Yum bacon.
  • 10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Well I have decided to go with cigar federation it  is to me a better deal 
    I'm sorry I didn't know, this is a great forum in fact probably the best out there! I go to this forum to learn and ask questions first the others come second and I go to ccom now for all my cigar needs , good quality cigars and knowledgable customer service and stand up people 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistakes happen and you were not trying to do that maliciously or with intent, we all stumble from time to time its what we do after we have an "oops" that defines us in life ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    I will ay this that IF I do join Ccom's club I get 3 free cigars  :D