Home Cigar 101

How to maintain aluminum tube product

NowheremanNowhereman Posts: 3
Hey guys, I purchase some ACID KUBA Deluxes.
They come in tubes of aluminum.
How do I maintain them as they are ACIDs and have been imbued.
If I take them out of the tubes to humidify, they will most likely loose some of their quality and transfer to my others.

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking them out of the tubes wont lose any quality but it will help prevent molding and things like that taking them out.  You are correct though you do not want to store infused cigars with non infused so you might need to look at a small Tupperware container with a boveda or something to store them.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad @avengethis, is absolutely right. Tupperware with boveda would be perfect to keep separated. Can take out of tubes or an alternative is to removed he tube cap and keep in the tubes but with the cap off. Not as exposed but still should be plenty fine. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you take the cedar sleeve out you can store them in the tube.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Take the cigar out of the tube.
    Then to protect everything, place the tube somewhere out of the way, to air out. If it has a cedar sleeve in it, remove that too. 
    Then gently toss the cigar in the waste bin.

Sorry, just kidding.
    I have a hard time with acids, but if you like them, that's all that matters.
    No more debate this takes the cake lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that if you put them in your back pocket and sit on them they will crush:)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to dispute the general consensus on how to handle tubos, but I will share my experience. I never remove the caps or the cedar lining and after years and years of doing this, I still have yet to have a single cigar get mold. Maybe I'm lucky, but I am pretty meticulous about maintaining humidity and it never gets over 70% (I hover around 65%). I also tend to age most sticks for a couple years, so these aren't short experiments. 

All that said, better safe than sorry, but I'm going to see how long I can go without mold while bucking the trend. Hopefully, I can post this again in a couple years.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I like to keep the tubes and cedar slips so I just leave em and monitor closely for any signs. I'm simple that way but it's worked for me, I also prefer low rH though and keep mine around 62%. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz said:
    I don't want to dispute the general consensus on how to handle tubos, but I will share my experience. I never remove the caps or the cedar lining and after years and years of doing this, I still have yet to have a single cigar get mold. Maybe I'm lucky, but I am pretty meticulous about maintaining humidity and it never gets over 70% (I hover around 65%). I also tend to age most sticks for a couple years, so these aren't short experiments. 

All that said, better safe than sorry, but I'm going to see how long I can go without mold while bucking the trend. Hopefully, I can post this again in a couple years.
    I also agree with this concept. I have yet to have mold. I do though remove the cap and leave everything else intact. Reason being is that depending on who is right or wrong on this subject is that tubes slow the aging process according to the masses. I have no idea, but I do have a about 10 Bolivar tubes that are cap on and 10 cap off. I have yet to see mold on anything regardless of how I have done it. Humidity and temp are the key if you ask me. If your humidor is working correctly I doubt you will ever have an issue. That's just my thoughts though.

Plus I doubt you get the full story on the things that happen to another ones seegars. I can only speak for myself. 

I have yet to see beetles either even with 2 cigars sitting in my garage at over 90 degrees for weeks now. Go figure on that one. Humidity is currently high also. This beetle craze has driven some to the nut house if read some of the boards around lol.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

SleevePlz said:

I also agree with this concept. I have yet to have mold. I do though remove the cap and leave everything else intact. Reason being is that depending on who is right or wrong on this subject is that tubes slow the aging process according to the masses. I have no idea, but I do have a about 10 Bolivar tubes that are cap on and 10 cap off. I have yet to see mold on anything regardless of how I have done it. Humidity and temp are the key if you ask me. If your humidor is working correctly I doubt you will ever have an issue. That's just my thoughts though.

Plus I doubt you get the full story on the things that happen to another ones seegars. I can only speak for myself. 

I have yet to see beetles either even with 2 cigars sitting in my garage at over 90 degrees for weeks now. Go figure on that one. Humidity is currently high also. This beetle craze has driven some to the nut house if read some of the boards around lol.
    This is funny just because at one point I put some cigars in a jar made sure they were pretty damn humidified and left them out in the heat...the water just condenced and they grew mold...go figure no beetles
    Money can't buy taste
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is funny just because at one point I put some cigars in a jar made sure they were pretty damn humidified and left them out in the heat...the water just condenced and they grew mold...go figure no beetles
    I think you said it before that a lot more manufacturer's are freezing then what we may be led to believe and even the CC's have been doing it for sometime. I am puzzled as to why no beetles though, when if you read around it seems to be something that is common when not properly stored. I am going to try a custom hand rolled next. I know that has not been frozen. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Yup I did say that... The one cigar I know of that is infamous for beetles is greycliff! Don't believe I have any but now I'll check when I get back from travel. But your right if stored under cooler drier temps beetles shouldn't be a issue
    Money can't buy taste