Home Non Cigar Related

A Small Job

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
I turned the top of six posts this AM. The wood was western cedar 6x6x7 ft long. A friend has a sign company and i have probably turned 300 of these posts over the years. I charge a piece rate of $25 and it took me three hours including clean up.  The cedar is a rather soft wood so my tools had to be razor sharp to avoid tear out on the end grain.I spent 1/2 hour sharpening. imageimageimage

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love seeing your work. Those posts are almost as nice as your pipes and sticks
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to charge more 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful work Rodger and love how you take us through how you do it, for someone uneducated like myself it makes reading about it even more interesting, thanks!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    you need to charge more 
    Your'e right but the guy who I do these posts for donated a sandblasted stone sign for a installation that i did to to honor veterans at the Asheville VA. His son was flying Apache gunships in Afganistan when he donated the sign. The last bump in the price was his idea.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    you need to charge more 
    Your'e right but the guy who I do these posts for donated a sandblasted stone sign for a installation that i did to to honor veterans at the Asheville VA. His son was flying Apache gunships in Afganistan when he donated the sign. The last bump in the price was his idea.
    That's what I am talking. Vets helping Vets. From one Vet to another I Thank You.

SFC Operation Iraqi Freedom 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before but thank you both and all others who serve or have served for your sacrifices and duty :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    bet you could turn out some ****'n walking sticks! good work
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n!