Home General Discussion

Anyone seeing price increases?

miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure how many are paying attention but it seems price increases from 2% on up are starting to show up on many NC cigars. CC's It seems, specifically Cohibas are increasing as well. Behike 52's are nearly 450 now for a 10 count. Siglo VI's are around 500+ for an SLB. Robusto's are up around 11%  as well.

Some sites have not increased at all.

Shop around for best pricing always. Increases are being seen and not many are saying much about it. 

Free Cuba
"I ain't got no Opus's"
LLA
- Lancero Lovers of America
2016 Gang War (South)
May I assss u a ?

Comments

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchase all of my cigars on-line due to the crazy hi prices here in so Cali. I agree shop around there are a lot of great deals available on line  :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed also. Must be the Spring price hike. Just like gas keeps creeping up.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's the anticipation for the embargo to end. When it does and prices are sky high they can say well that's what it's been for the last year so nothing has changed
    Money can't buy taste
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reply from one of the vendors about the Cohiba increase.

All ISOM gars are going up it seems.

"This is a permanent increase as we have received an increase from our suppliers. We do expect to increase the other brands but to a lesser degree."

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my life, all my life.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited July 2016
    CC's starting to jump in $$ upwards of 100+ on cabs even more on certain brands. Expect more increases. Behike's have been wiped out of stock nearly everywhere it seems. Siglo VI's are now around 600-700 per SLB. 100 + since Apr.  Say goodbye to good ole fairly priced CC's. That ship has sailed or is leaving port. Sales still exist at some locations. Happy hunting.

NC's are gonna start feeling the pinch soon as well it seems. We shall see.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they lift the embargo the CC's will be a hot commodity so I imagine they are jacking up the prices since people will buy them anyway.  After a year when people realize that they enjoy the full flavor NC's they have been smoking, and the novelty wears off of walking around with a $20 stick they don't enjoy just because it has a black and yellow band, everything will level out.  

At least that is what I am hoping for.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FDA is going to destroy NCs at the same time the embargo is lifted and CCs become avaliable. I smell a conspiracy theory ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Well I for one hopes the embargo is never lifted. Cc's will go to **** then. They will be producing them at such a high rate that quality will drop is my thinking. It's not like the embargo has been working anyway's. However those reluctant to buy currently,  will be in full force if it is ever lifted. 

I have no insight to this but with anything, if it has to meet demand something has to give and usually that is quality. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    On the other hand, think of Cuban blends as apposed to puros. Imaging DPG being able to blend with Cuban and Nicaraguan tobacco...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    On the other hand, think of Cuban blends as apposed to puros. Imaging DPG being able to blend with Cuban and Nicaraguan tobacco...
    Now that would be a treat. However if everyone thinks they will be $8-12 cigars I think you are dreaming. They will price accordingly just because it is Cuban tobacco. But it would be great to see what the Garcia's or Pete could do. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Realize that once Cuban tobacco is more then 5 years old, it can legally b used in cigars sold in usa, but they just don't advertise it. There are a few that I have on good authority, that are already doing this. Let's just say, those with Cuban roots, are blending already with it.