Home Non Cigar Related

Does she vote the way you tell her to?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Non Cigar Related
Haha! Just to get your attention. Seriously though. Are you in a divided house when it comes to politics? Could you be OK with it if you were? Or, if they switched? Or, you switched? 

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

My wife and I are pretty close to the same political swayings. We do disagree on a few things here and there. But we tend to accept each others 'faults' LOL Im fairly fluid when it comes to my political stand points so I don't easily get worked up over things like that.

Realistically.... I don't know if I would be OK if she changed side now that I think of it. I disagree with the other side most of the time. not to the point where I would whine about it but... if she became hardcore opposite, it would be hard to live with it. We would butt heads waaaaaaay too much.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will "Cruz" by this ? since whatever I say will likely be "Trumped" and I am not in the mood too talk politics and I feel my answer may hinder my chances as a Politician, since I am likely to be "Rubioed" in the end. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ All of that was code for Hillary Supporter ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bearswatter won't vote.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like "Bush" but not Hillary's.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Fair enough. Bill didn't either.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her viewpoints and mine are about the same.  She doesn't take the time to research though so usually she just asks me who she should check.  Probably not the best approach but I figure if I can get her to vote maybe someday she will take the time to understand.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for @Bob_Luken.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    I vote for @Bob_Luken.

Im with this guy!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    my wife will vote how I tell her to.... and if that doesn't work I will resort to some trick **** so at least she doesn't cancel my vote. usually she can be reasoned with or bought off
    A little dirt never hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My wife and I tend to vote the same. I respect her no matter who should voted for even if it doesn't line up with me. She feels the same about me too.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't your wives do what you say all the time? 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We discuss everything and decide who to vote for together after we come to an agreement on each one, works for us.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    We vote for a neighbor to vote for a senator to vote for a electoral collegiate to vote for us.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't tell my Wife who to vote for and she doesn't try and tell me either.  We'll discuss the initiatives and referendums, but only for understanding, not to tell each other how to vote.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnson/Weld 2016?  These 2 guys are becoming more and more attractive by the day.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    I vote for @Bob_Luken.

Im with this guy!
    Me, too, especially if @Amos_Umwhat joins the ticket as VP. With all this "Hamilton" hype going on, we need to get a couple of Volunteer Staters back in the White House to restore the Jacksonian balance. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could never be vetted due to the miscreant activities I engaged in as a youth.

As most of you know, I've been pretty disillusioned my the majority party, Dem-Rep's, and my votes have gone to Libertarian candidates for the last few cycles, Ross Perot before that.

She voted for Barry-O, which I understand since the Dem side of the Dem-Rep party at least pretends to care about the 99% underclass.

Funny, my Grandmother never voted at all, she was afraid she'd cancel out my Grandfathers vote "and that just wouldn't be right".

Still, it's good to know I've got one vote going for me @raisindot ! ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain