Home Ratings & Reviews

Has anyone ever watched this guy do reviews?

miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ratings & Reviews

So I am sure there will be some interesting comments. By the time 1/3 into it the cigar looks like it went through a grinder, chawed and wet, he can smoke a cigar in 30 minutes at the rate of of about 50 puffs a minute it seems. As long as he is enjoying it that is all that matters. There are many reviews to dissect. He almost looks like Hitchcock.

Laurence Davis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D53qLybr2X0
Free Cuba
"I ain't got no Opus's"
LLA
- Lancero Lovers of America
2016 Gang War (South)
May I assss u a ?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched 2 1/2 minutes of it - that's all I could stand. He. At be a very personable fellow and one helluva cigar reviewer but, to me, he just comes across as a pompous azz....

sorry. I calls 'em the way I sees 'em....   :#
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't get the d@mned edit function to work. That line up there should read " he might be a very personable...."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the flip flop ashtray. LOL!

I know he was speaking english, but I couldn't understand a word he was saying.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed how he ashes it by grinding the stick into the ashtray, what a bad boob. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an odd guy.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Quite.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I was not a huge fan of this guy.... I prefer Cigar Obsession and Should I Smoke This reviews.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something a bit off about this one.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, how long did he 'toast' that cigar?!   Best lit it tasted like charred crap at first
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I was really charring that sucker then took a couple of puffs and immediately gave tasting notes that didn't mention the burnt toast of a cigar he was smoking.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    There are some reviews with so much moisture on the cigar I can't even see how he smokes it. I am not sure how he taste anything. I found it entertaining to say the least. 

I guess he has a legion of follower as well. Some of the comments about his approach and how he is desecrating a cigar were quickly counter attacked by many. 

I wish I could smoke what he has been smoking though. Some of those Regionals and LE's are gone and will never been seen unless you find a seller and many of them are outstanding. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo said:
    Man, how long did he 'toast' that cigar?!   Best lit it tasted like charred crap at first
    That was my thought too.
    As he was "toasting it", all I could think was how much butane does this guy go through? LOL!
    "And look at all that white ash!"
    Yeah, because you heated it to the point of a welder.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    The BEST cigar review ever!
    Simply priceless.
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    interesting. I think I may have passed out had I tried to smoke a cigar that fast, but he handled it pretty well :) Or that may be the reason we never got to the second or third 3rd :).  
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely toast it that long........when I'm cutting 3/8" angle iron with an acetylene torch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm too new to really speak to his review but first impressions speak volumes.....just sayin.

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was just under a minute in direct flame he "toasted" it. That first puff had to be rough, just sayin' 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    He's a true dumb person and I'm figuring smokes many non cc smokes. He talks how he likes big rg's so I guess he's got on the American idiot wagon. Or he spends his day on the corner to make enough money to buy a $45 smoke. Also when he says he really doesn't like the vatola then why did he buy a box?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Love the flip flop ashtray. LOL!

I know he was speaking english, but I couldn't understand a word he was saying.
    Maybe he had his wisdom teeth out and had cotton gauze stuffed in his cheeks..... his jowls seem to get in the way of his words. Lol!!  

Definitely not the most uppity reviewer I've seen. There is a really good one on here somewhere, maybe in the "weird reviews" thread.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even as a rank newb I ask myself how in the hell can he get a real taste by puffing THAT much. Any time I have tried I've just had a bitter taste
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland