Home Non Cigar Related

Shoes and Brews 5k

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well we just finished the Shoes and Brews 5k race and sipping on a Whet and Juicy East Coast IPA from the Shoes and Brews brewery here where the race finished. Did a terrific job and shattered my on personal bests even in the 95+ degree heat. 1st mile did in 10min 30 seconds which is 2.5min faster than I've ever ran. Amanda did it in 9min dead and did a great job on th 3.17mi run finishing in 32 min whereas I finished in 36 min. Overall was a blast and now we are going to have our second free beer and then go to the cigar lounge down the street and then lunch, it's a good day Tater ;)

Brett
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunch of crazy CO people.

:)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you bro!
    My business partner and his wife are runners, she has been training for an Iron man triathlon in Canada next mo. I just shake my head and laugh!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Brett!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all and yeah we are a bit crazy, we run for beer hahahaha

Just left the cigar lounge that I hadn't been to in years and it was a freaking gold mine, had to put stuff back since I went a bit crazy but my amazing wife and supportive love let me splurge a bit on these gems. Now we are at a roof top bistro where I type this about to do lunch with mimosas :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Stay hydrated my friend
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great time,enjoy and be safe 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn bro, ya can't  let your wife beat your time on a deal like that, before you know it she will be telling you how to vote, jk. Nice smokes, enjoy lunch, train for the next event
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they have more of those personal reserves?  If so how much?

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis texted you bud ;)

Thanks all it was a great time and we are doing another one in September and will be trying to keep pace with Mrs. Irish this time haha. Thanks for the kind words was a great day, now to top it off with a cigar this evening. 

Brett
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    damn bro, ya can't  let your wife beat your time on a deal like that, before you know it she will be telling you how to vote, jk. Nice smokes, enjoy lunch, train for the next event
    Yeah, unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes... unless you like the view.   :D
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Brett and thanks for sharing  :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me until mimosas.

Looks like a great time Brett, and some great smokes
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job, Brett! Looks like a fantastic day, capped off with a nice haul of cigar goodness! 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon