Home Cigar 101

Large Humidor Humidification Problem

I have a rather large cabinet humidor. I have an Oasis XL plus humidifier in there, along with 2lbs of beads, a fan going constantly, numerous jars of gel. I have uneven RH%. Lower part is 70-72 and upper part is lower 60's. How do I even it out?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    try moving the oasis to the top and the beads down. or the opposite if thats where they are now.

and how large are we talkin here? 300ct? 1000? 5000?
  • It is a 3000 ct humidor. I have the fan, Oasis on the bottom. I have the beads throughout. I will try it out but why would that make a difference? I really do not want to upgrade my humidifier
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    This thread is useless without pics.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    sightunseen:
    This thread is useless without pics.

What he said! Pics or ban :)jk
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    the fan has to pull air to push it. Since the humidity is dense, it naturally wants to sink to the bottom. With the fan up top, it will pull some of that denser air out of the bottom to the top and then fall naturally back down to the bottom. If its on the bottom it just stirs it down there and has no reason to go up.

and you might need a more powerful fan......
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    the fan has to pull air to push it. Since the humidity is dense, it naturally wants to sink to the bottom. With the fan up top, it will pull some of that denser air out of the bottom to the top and then fall naturally back down to the bottom. If its on the bottom it just stirs it down there and has no reason to go up.

and you might need a more powerful fan......

Jack Williams:

Not trying to harsh anyones buzz on this one, just trying to pass around some educational information.

And I agree with you ironhorse, the air needs to be circulated from the humidity source (Oasis XL) at the bottom to the top, especially with a humidor of that madnitude.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yup, move the oasis up on top along with the fan....
  • I do not know how to post pics, but here is the link to humidor.

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-1000.html

I have rigged up the fan into one of the shelves and seems like it is working.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    I do not know how to post pics, but here is the link to humidor. http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-1000.html I have rigged up the fan into one of the shelves and seems like it is working.
    Wow... I didn't know you could get something that large for $600.