Home General Discussion

Tell me what I like

SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
I'm so new at this that all I know is that I like what i like.

Tonight I am smoking a Casa Magna Licey Robusto and LOVE IT!!

My other favorites have been:

Camacho corojo 
and
Padron 7000

Is there a commonality between these that I can look for in others?

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Steve welcome again and glad you've been enjoying some good smokes. Hard to say what you like since everything when it comes to smoking cigars is subjective but from the ones you listed the commonality I see is an enjoyment of big bold and chocolatey flavors and spice. Most of those have a spice, leather, chocolate and nuttiness to them. If you like the Padron you'd likely enjoy anything else in their offerings as well. As for the Camacho I suspect it's the corojo wrapper you are enjoying. With regards to the Casa Magna and others you would probably enjoy a lot of the blends from AJ Fernandez and maybe even Don Pepin Garcia and Tatuaje stuff. However this is all just an opinion and I could be wrong, plus you're likely to hear other opinions as well. Hope this helps ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    That is what I was looking for.  Thank you.
    No problem Steve happy to help out ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    A+ stuff Brett @90+_Irishman

@SteveInTexas may I also suggest checking out @Trident's site, www.thelnl.net, and looking at the "Flavor Profiles" page under the "Cigars" section.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well damn Bob, that was a very accurate description of me.
    Since when did you start smoking 2nds? 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick loves those La Perlas.......  :D 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I dunno...  Your head didn't look all that fat the last time I saw you on the Vherf, @Patrickbrick.....  :p
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because he has a deceptively tiny frame.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say what you like since everything when it comes to smoking cigars is subjective...
    That part of Brett's reply hits it on the head.  There's a lot of variables going on; between your palate and someone else' (even though to them there seem to be similarities) and the occasion when you or they smoked it, not to mention occasional variables in a blend, or how they're stored...  it's hard to say if you liked that, you should like this.

Most of us get hung up on what we like, to the end that we may pass up an opportunity to smoke something we like more.  And the fact that you LOVE what you smoked so far, has no bearing on what you'll LOVE in a year or two from now.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I'm guilty as charged Bob!   lol
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Bob_Luken said:

If you're curious you can easily flush them out. Express a little love for some basic budget cigars while at the same time offering a firm opinion on well,.... on anything. They HATE that.  

OK. I'll give it a try...

I love me some Quorum cigars because @Bob_Luken, in my humble yet firm opinion, is a rare HTF LE nerd. ;)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You like little kittens and fluffy clouds.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    So now this newbie's favorites are:

Nub Camaroon
    Casa Manga Licey (which seems to be a rare find)
    Camacho Corojo

and I just had a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne that was different from those in that it seemed lighter, but had tons of good flavored smoke

Had a Monte Cristo Media Noche last night that was ho-hum.

This is pretty fun

Discovery and jumping in head first is what it's all about, enjoy the ride and don't rush it just sit back and smile as it all comes ;)

Brett
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    The commanality is smoke the heck out of what you discovered you like already. Yea granted your eyes might be closed to new stuff by doing this but there is new stuff coming out every day.  A guy named Vince used to post here regularly. He only referenced one cgar he smoked. And he worked part time at a cigar shop. His options were many. Now granted hIs preference was by no stretch of the imagination inexpensive but it is what he liked. So smoke what you lke and like what you smoke.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know what a good cigar was until the BOTL started sending me samples (newsletter), to be honest I really haven't progressed that far due to circumstances beyond my control, ie unemployment, nagging wife, but I do know a variety of what is avaialable now. I have smoked bargain sticks I have found on my own and some high dollar chit the brothers have turned me onto but the key is enjoy the stick. If you don't  enjoy it toss it and find one you like
    A little dirt never hurt