Home General Discussion

Brew City Cigar festival

RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
http://www.brewcitycigarfestival.com/buy-tickets/

Has anyone attended one of these events? Did you find it worth the money?
I am debating on attending this one but Im on the fence. $175 for a ticket gets you food, drinks and 22 premium cigars but I guess I'd like to hear someone's experiences.

Thanks

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland

Comments

• CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Would attend this in a minute if I lived near it.  
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend if mine from you hear goes every year and enjoys it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went last year @Rolanddeschain and enjoyed it, but bought the ticket early enough to get it for $150.  It'd be more fun if you could get a group of buddies to go together.

It's kind of a wash in my mind...  22 sticks, most are pretty good, a few I wouldn't buy... food and drinks, let's just say I'd rather sit down to a nice meal at home or a restaurant.

What it boils down to, is do you want to go out of your way to smoke with a few hundred strangers?  That can be fun, but it's not enough of a draw to make me pony up.  If I'm spending $175, I'll buy some sticks I know I love, and call it a day.  But then, you might be less of a curmudgeon than me... I think everyone is.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would tend to agree with Peter, if you are going do so for the experience and the event but not for the cigars and food/drink. If you are thinking of doing so for the 22 sticks, then spend that money on ones you are already going to like or a box you have been wanting to try etc. Just my two cents....

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd rather smoke with a few friends than a group of strangers. Hmmmmmm. Maybe next year:)

Roland
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I know I'll catch some flack from the owner of my two B&M's for not showing up.  But as they say, "Tough ****".t
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they wanted you there that badly they should have made sure you would be there then, just my opinion at least lol

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Brett's idea better. I'll treat myself to a box of something I like.........and maybe have enough left to try the fabled Opus X:)

Roland