Home Cigar 101

Electric Humidifiers

JohnDMJohnDM Posts: 1

Hydra?  Humi-Care? Cigar Oasis?  What is the real difference between the three?  Is Oasis worth the extra money, or are the others just as good?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heartfelt beads
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I would rather necro this old thread as opposed to starting a new one. I use the Le Veil dch-12v1 digital cigar humidifier. I recently purchased another since as we all know "stuff" expands to the space available, so I needed a new humidor (which I already want to replace with a larger one)  
    I've never had an issue with the original one. What are the thoughts here regarding digital humidifiers? Extended power outage seemed to be the only drawback I could think of, as long as you're using a second hygrometer.

In case anyone is interested I made this video on the setup of mine (I got the airflow backwards, but oh well, it's still useful info). I wouldn't mind some feedback, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXeh4Org5g
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I have a cigar oasis magna with wifi for my tower humidor. It works great even in the arid Colorado humidity. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    edited August 2016
    Really good review. Thanks for talking about the product and not jibber jabbering about pointless stuff. My questions were: cost, calibration on the device, and fan settings. I can answer those myself though. Thanks. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigDaddy had a Cigar Oasis Ultra 2.0 he was going to let go pretty reasonble if anybody was looking to go that route
    A little dirt never hurt
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    james40 said:
    Really good review. Thanks for talking about the product and not jibber jabbering about pointless stuff. My questions were: cost, calibration on the device, and fan settings. I can answer those myself though. Thanks. 
    Hey James thanks for the compliment. Sorry for the late reply I have not visited this page in awhile. Cost $90.00 at TC. fan speed is not adjustable. I will have one in a 600 ct soon, but I added additional fans in there so it may not be a good comp. Calibration is super easy just hold two buttons and set for whatever the actual humidity is. I use a calibrated Caliber 4r to check it against and it's always right on