Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO Brazilia

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
F@cking Awesome!!!  That is all.  LOL

seriously, really dug this cigar. Anyone else like these? I was really impressed. I just want to scream it from the mountain tops!  

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen brother. One of my go-to, always keep on hand, buy multiple bundles when they're on sale cigars.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 100%, stellar smoke. The flavor profile is nothing short of amazing. As I look back at my cigar journal, this was the second cigar I ever smoked. I still sing its praises to anyone who will listen.

Thanks to you guys, I have the stick planned for my next sit down session.

GOL!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I've never had the Brazil, but if it's anywhere near as good as the CAO Amazon Basin I definitely want to try one. 
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    It's funny how everyone has different taste.  I really did not like this stick.  I have tried it two or three times and still can't warm up to it.

I like the America by CAO, but the Brazilian is no Bueno for me.
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the Extreme but the Brazilia is a close second.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    been a long time since i had a brazilia.....IIRC it was one of the very first "premium cigars" i ever smoked (along with the cao visions,, and nubs which were brand new release at the time) 

gonna have to grab a brazilia now.
    thanks for giving me an excuse to go to the shop @skydiverD lol

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I could help. LOL I am waiting for a sale and I will buy a ton of these!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brazilia  is a classic.  I enjoy them just as much now as I did when I first was into cigars.  Not many cigars remain in the "top" list as tastes change, but these certainly do.  Something about this cigar is just right.  

If I remember correctly, the La Palina black has a Brazilian wrapper (maybe not the same as CAO), but it is a similar cigar that is definitely worth trying if you like the Brazilia. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the Extreme but the Brazilia is a close second.
    I've really been enjoying the Extreme.  I've had bad luck with Brazilias being plugged.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Hmm. Haven't had a plug yet but only smoked a handful. I am looking forward to trying the extreme as well as the Italia. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liked the Brazilias a lot but miss the piranha size.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Brazilia is a stellar stick.  One of my first go to's even before my Melanio run.  Have not had one in a while and saw a half dozen in the humi the other day.  May have to break one out.  Will be interesting to se what a year plus does for these. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Anything La Palina is worth trying
    Truth!
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked my first Brazilia.  Wow! That was tasty!  It's slightly sweet (but nothing like infused) so I'm not sure if I'd want it with a beer, but since I was drinking coffee, it was perfect.  I got two in the CAO sampler I bought.  Gonna have to look for a deal on a 10+ bundle.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    The Brazilia is a stellar stick.  One of my first go to's even before my Melanio run.  Have not had one in a while and saw a half dozen in the humi the other day.  May have to break one out.  Will be interesting to se what a year plus does for these. 
    In my experience they only get better and better
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After first seeing this thread a week ago. I grabbed a selection of sticks to bring to the beach this week and one was a Brazilia. This was a the result of a trade or bomb. I am going to try to this it evening.
    This was not meant to be today. I had some time this afternoon and sat on the deck with a second cup of coffee and lit the CAO good start. That's where it went south. The stick, which had been in my humidor for months, (not purchased by me) was cracked in several places along the wrapper and got unwieldy quickly. Had to abandon after about 5 mins. On my list to revisit in the future. 
    I might be the guilty culprit of that bomb Mike. I know I bombed 1 or 2 of these out a little while back. Can't remember to whom. Bummer that it flaked on you. Bought them all from a good B&M and the rest of them smoked like a dream. Just goes to show ya, any given stick,at any given time.....  LOL

And if it wasn't from me, well then ignore all that bunk I just said above. ;)
    skydiverD said:
    I might be the guilty culprit of that bomb Mike. I know I bombed 1 or 2 of these out a little while back. Can't remember to whom. Bummer that it flaked on you. Bought them all from a good B&M and the rest of them smoked like a dream. Just goes to show ya, any given stick,at any given time.....  LOL

And if it wasn't from me, well then ignore all that bunk I just said above. ;)
    I did not dust for finger prints, so we are good. You are correct this happens to everyone now and then. That will not stop me from trying it again. 
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot about this cigar from @jarubla but haven't tried it yet. Sounds like I'm going to have to soon :)
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UseAsDirected we need to herf, and soon. When is your next trip down to your Grandpa's?

I will get a space heater out in the garage and we can smoke outta the wind

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been wanting to get more of these since I first had one. Burned great, nice draw and was tasty. This was the first cigar I smoked to the nub.
    Roland
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
    Just smoked my first Brazilia.  Wow! That was tasty!  It's slightly sweet (but nothing like infused) so I'm not sure if I'd want it with a beer, but since I was drinking coffee, it was perfect.  I got two in the CAO sampler I bought.  Gonna have to look for a deal on a 10+ bundle.
    I had it with a bourbon barrel aged porter(Im a homebrewer) and it worked very nicely. It complimented the chocolate notes in the porter vry well.
    Roland

Roland
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Home brewed bourbon barrel porter!?!? Now that is just beer po rn!!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that sounds like a naughty brew wow!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I've only had one but I really enjoyed it, I have another but I have separation anxiety whenever I get to the last of any of my smokes. I'll probably have to get some more so I can enjoy it :)
    I really liked the Gol! Brazillia.....I need to buy some one of these days.

Roland