Home General Discussion

Buying my first box...for me.

MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought a box of 5 Vegas Triple A for my dad for Christmas. Now that my birthday is right around the corner (not telling what day) and I have never been in the position to purchase an entire box if cigars for myself. This year, that will change. I am hoping to get a small collidor (one that will fit in my closet) to store said box and hopefully other boxes as I am able.
So I would like some suggestions for good, midlevel price point boxes (not over $100 if possible). I know deals can be had on CCom and the devil sites but I would like some direct input from y'all. I would not be above purchasing some singles to try prior to buying a box if they are toward the higher end.
Thanks BOTL/SOTL!

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La palina classic toro, DPG blue, Romacraft, any my father offering
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    DPG Blue Lancero is one of my Favs!!!
    But the price of a box is still a bit pricey for me.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know where you can get a box of AKA hybrids for $50
    Other than that, there are so many its hard to recommend anything.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your favorite stick at the moment? There's lots a cheap stuff out there, but you shouldn't buy a box of anything you don't love.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    What's your favorite stick at the moment? There's lots a cheap stuff out there, but you shouldn't buy a box of anything you don't love.
    The problem is my fav sticks are DPG Blue, Oliva MB 3, Undercrowns and most CAO. I know I can get Brazilia's pretty cheap though. They are in my top 5.
    I would wait an buy something I enjoy. If you buy a box just to own a box your going to end up with something that you don't enjoy that never gets smoked.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
     undercrown is usually on the devil site for under 100
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

edited August 2016
    Well thanks for all the input! Just got home from a weekend of camping with the family to find our my car won't start and need a new fuel pump. There goes the new box. 
    Sometimes I hate living on a single income but I wouldn't trade the ability of my wife to stay home and raise our kids for anything!
    Oh well, the birthday comes around every year so maybe next time.

When the kids get a bit older two jobs is more feasible. But having that parent at home for the early years is priceless.

• Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    interesting....
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

Wylaff said:
    When the kids get a bit older two jobs is more feasible. But having that parent at home for the early years is priceless.
    Agree! It's no big deal and we enjoy the freedoms that come from only having to work around my schedule. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya Mike that's how we do it here at my house, and our washing machine just died last night too so I get it brother, best of luck!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    I'll come fix your washer if you come fix my fuel pump @90+_Irishman
    I don't know anything about washers but it might be easier than a car!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahaha sounds good Mike lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."