Home General Discussion

Humidor question

SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
I have a 120 count humidor.  Right now it is holding 30 cigars.  How do you determine how many and what sized Boveda packs should be used inside.  Right now I have two 84% packs (from seasoning) that is holding my humidor at 70-71%

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a digital hygrometer? I would get 65 or 69 rh bovedas and take out the 84. You can never have to many. Just make sure you split what you have so you can recharge half while the other half is in the humi
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    One analog and two digital
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hey Steven I was searching this info as well for seasoning my humidor (it's the same number for both seasoning and humidifying) here from their FAQ:

How do I choose the right number of Boveda?
    We recommend using at least one 60 gram Boveda per 25 cigars your humidor holds, even if it isn’t full. It’s still air space and wood that needs proper humidification. And because Boveda will never over-humidify beyond the number on the pack, using more than is recommended will just work more efficiently and need to be replaced less often
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can never have too many bovedas. grab a couple more than you think you need and through them in.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...