Home Cigar 101

80 ring wetness

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
So i was back home and picked up a couple of 80 ring sticks, more for fun that anything but they were so darn wet you could almost feel the humidity rolling off these pups i put them in my tuppador and it raised the humidity from 70 to 74 and has been sitting there for a about a week, should i isolate the sticks and bring them down slowly or acclimated them to the other and bring them and wait it out? 
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sit them in your glove box for 2 weeks ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could move it to an empty tupperdor with an apple slice in it, the apple slice will keep it mid 60's rH for a few days and then can take it out and drop it even lower. Or can put some spanish cedar in there that has been in a humi etc and help to absorb and take some of that extra. Personally though I would just dry box them for 12+ hrs and see where it leaves me. I am not a big rg fan so wouldn't be smoking them but thats where I would start.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dry boxing will only help is the box (surrounding environment) is actually drier than the sticks.  You may have to just wait until winter or whenever the less humid weather arrives where you are.

Or, you could just light one up and see what happens.  If it blows up, toss it and grab something else, you baller, you.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet those big rg's are just like giant sponges for the extra rh, lol.

I'd crack the lid for a few hours then close it back up. Things should even out soon.  If not, let the new sticks just sit outside the humidor for a few more hours. Won't hurt anything and may give em a chance to shed some of the excess humidity.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weather report shows BnB's humidity peaking in the 80's %. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    it will likely pop open if you light it, I would leave it in the humidor and forget about for awhile. maybe even put it in an empty one for a day
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    cool thanks for the input guys! i'll let you know 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you do smoke them, smoke them from the side or people will get the wrong idea!  ;-)
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    well i cracked my tupador open a little bit over about 12 hours or so and it slowly brought it down around 71

so some good advice thanks again