Home Cigar 101

Don't buy Z Torch zippo lighter insert

Cigar-713724Cigar-713724 Posts: 1
Buyer beware.  This item is junk.  Doesn't fit a standard zippo case without massive force to insert it far enough to close the lid and it took to pairs of pliers to remove.  As another reviewer stated the tube fell out of his Z Torch before he even got to light anything with it and mine did the exact same thing.  

It looks like I have a new fishing sinker or paper weight thanks to the people at Z Torch.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That's a shame." 

Jerry Seinfeld 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Z-Plus 2.0 Extreme Torch Flame Lighter insert and it works really well. Only been a couple of weeks but so far so good.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you bought it from Ccom and talked to them about it, I would think they would make it right.
    Did you contact the seller?
    Have you tried that route?

As with most anything, there are bound to be some faulty products.
    If you contacted the seller and they don't want to do anything about it, then you have a right to be pissed. 
    But if you didn't and are just ranting, then you haven't done your part.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I've got one in my zippo and works great for me at least, sorry you had a bad experience and suggest as @0patience suggested that you contact the seller. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    If you do theme reading it says fits "most" zippos so really it was buyer beware. Honestly I'd have just bought a new lighter and saved the bad review for something that has a bigger effect
    Money can't buy taste
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    No. 1 Post. As a fishing sinker you might have luck catching a Garfish; they live in a  land far away that is approachable by imagination or multiple transport vehicles.  
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. 1 Post. As a fishing sinker you might have luck catching a Garfish; they live in a  land far away that is approachable by imagination or multiple transport vehicles.  
    Hey I live in that place, we have lots of Gar down here.
    Have been thinking of ordering an insert, have a few zippos in the drawer, better do more research
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I got the Jetline double torch insert from ccom last week, been working fine.
    Yeah there actually are fish called gar lol I use to own a pretty big alligator gar which I'm sure is what @Diver43 is talking about
    Money can't buy taste
    €^^^ One never owns a fish. Even when captured it maintanes its independence!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not when its in my stomach... it aint independent at that point ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    I told it when and what it's gonna eat...I own it
    Money can't buy taste
    Not when its in my stomach... it aint independent at that point ;)

Brett
    Touche'
    I told it when and what it's gonna eat...I own it
    Some refuse to eat and die. You find them floating on the waters surface. They refuse to be owned.
  • CloudWarmerCloudWarmer Posts: 3
    Yes, the insert is tough to pull out. I use a pliers to grip it. Silicone spray helped some on zippo insides. Despite that, I like it. May get a soft flame insert at some point.