Home Non Cigar Related

2016 Summer Olympics - Will you watch?

MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Non Cigar Related

2016 Summer Olympics - Will you watch? 20 votes

Yes
75%
VulchorPacman84Bobbo20090patiencetwistedstemMartelNo_one21MorganGeoFirst_WarriorBig''nBall''nWaterNerdGrouchoMAlbinfkAlanSugarhouseCigarPunk 15 votes
No
20%
BigshizzaCharlieHeissilvermouseRyan1990 4 votes
Not no, but hellzz no!
5%
Guitarded 1 vote

Comments

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Probably not, but I did watch  Marylou Retton, spelling??,she  was a little hottie way back in 1984 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Summer olympics is nothing like winter! Plus nobody great really showed
    Money can't buy taste
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Love the Olympics. Should be interesting watching this whole zika virus thing unfold. That poor country is gonna be bankrupt after this. Imagine the world with no Brazilian wrappers!
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I will watch some but not too much. Swimming, track & field, soccer & beach volleyball. Considering how many condoms were given out to the athletes there's probably going to be more action at the Olympic village than anywhere else. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would watch but no cable or starlit so likely not to since I'm not sure I could unless I paid big money that I don't have for memberships to sports networks on the AppleTV. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I will watch some but not too much. Swimming, track & field, soccer & beach volleyball. Considering how many condoms were given out to the athletes there's probably going to be more action at the Olympic village than anywhere else. 
    Forgot about beach volleyball. Can I change my answer?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turn the tv on, watch a little bit of the news (5 to 6pm) and turn it off. That's the extent of my tv watching. 

Between inane programming and just plain drivel tv has become a virtual cesspool. There are more enjoyable ways for me to spend my time.....  

Of course, for a short period of the year there's still the NFL. Even that is deteriorating but....... 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I listen to you, Marty, the more I'm convinced that you really are an oldfart.

LOL... I'm awaiting acceptance into that club, and looking forward to it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Women's beach volleyball..... Hello!! 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    The more I listen to you, Marty, the more I'm convinced that you really are an oldfart.

LOL... I'm awaiting acceptance into that club, and looking forward to it.
    Meanwhile, check your email.....   :D
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will watch, but I am very disappointed to see no Baseball this Olympics.
    They have all the other sports, but baseball.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    We have been watching the Olympics for 25 years. It is inspiring to see nations come together without all the political bullshit. I suppose I should root for the USA but I keep watching and support the winners of each event because the winners raise the bar for all of us.The kids competing have been working towards the Olympics for most of their young lives, they are living their dream  and all I have to do is to turn a switch and I can become part of that dream.
    Lots of lovely ladys in Rio.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What nick said, thats all i watch of summer games.  Winter, now thats a different story.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will try to catch some of it over the next two weeks.  I caught some of the opening ceremonies but couldn't stay up for the lighting of the cauldron or whatever they used for the flame this year.  Not looking to watch any one particular sport though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard on the sports channel we won our first gold today in air rifle. What? BBs? BBs are sport now?

Yeah, I'm watching that.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If it's on I might look. I used to love the boxing since its 3 rounds only.