Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Happy me

10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
Well Fri. I went to my local b&m with the wife and got a few sticks she started asking questions about shade and size she said why not get a new humi? I said well I'm doing the Tupperdore thing now some guy standing next to her said he that for a while SO she said next time I get paid why not get get a "real" one? So at the end of this month I'll be getting a real  humi I've got about 25 sticks maybe, so I'll get a 50 count don't know though whether I'll use Boveda or beads yet, but I've head that Boveda takes 2 weeks to season as with going old school takes about 2 days. 

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Go big or you'll just end up with a bunch of small humidors. 50cnt is 50 coronas nothing more. They are measured by small sizes so even though a 300 count sounds big it really is not all in all
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely going to agree with Lee here, go bigger than you think you need because it will fill up way faster than you think and then you'll be back to the tupperdor. Congrats though on having such a supportive and awesome partner :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's exciting news! Just like said before go bigger than you think. My first humidor I bought was a 75 count and it didn't make it a month before I had to get a cooler
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen to these people. I went your way and ended up a bunch of small humis. If you can wing it go bigger now. End up being less money in the long run, less work, and more enjoyment. Less to hide too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations. You have a lot of options depending on your budget. 
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as taking two weeks to season that's about right. If you go 'old school' and wipe it plan on about 6 weeks by the time you realize it won't stabilize then dry it out and start over.
    Get at least a 100 ct to start with. Unless you go with a very high quality 50 ct ($$$$$) the cheaper, smaller humi's are very temperamental and frustrating to start with.