Home General Discussion

skydiving

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Took my daughter skydiving this afternoon and thoight it only appropriate to smoke a cigar that came from @skydiverD 

Thanks man!

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome Eric, hope it was a great experience and looks like a great cigar! Thanks for sharing man, be well :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap if you die I'll be forced to console Julie... Be c a r. E. F ulll
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Awesome!  Hope you enjoy the jump. Remember to pull!!  LOL. And if you have any problems with the parachute, you actually have the rest of your life to figure it out  :D

Dont forget to check in and let everyone know you are still alive. I still do that to this day with the wifey. 

Post pics/video too!  

Blue skies!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    No need to pull your chute from 25000' it appears...in fact, why even bother to have it along.

In case you missed this...pretty epic.  

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Skydiver+becomes+first+person+to+successfully+jump+without+a+parachute&id=586005

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son is a paratrooper with the Army, I tell him all the time, there is absolutely no need to jump out of an airplane that is not on fire!
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome @Echambers! How did you enjoy it? 

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb said:
    No need to pull your chute from 25000' it appears...in fact, why even bother to have it along.

In case you missed this...pretty epic.  

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Skydiver+becomes+first+person+to+successfully+jump+without+a+parachute&id=586005

Yiikes 
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    My son is a paratrooper with the Army, I tell him all the time, there is absolutely no need to jump out of an airplane that is not on fire!
    that's awsome!  I spent three years in the 82nd Airborne Division  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nephew, Chase Marta, was in the 82nd Airborne. He used to tell me about jumping with 70 lbs of gear tied to his body on a long rope so the gear would hit the ground before he did. 

Guys who do things like that must have cojones the size of coconuts...  Either that or they're just (a) crazy or (b) suicidal. Choose one.....  B)
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I went skydiving once. Lesson took a good 8 hours. I jumped solo. The chute opened after I jumped, so I didn't have to worry about that. I did feel like I was sliding out of the harness. I hate heights and can barely manage a ladder. But I enjoyed it. It's one of those, did it once, now I'm good. 
    Echambers said:
    YankeeMan said:
    He spent several years in the 82nd until he went Special Forces.  The 82nd is an amazing group!
    YankeeMan said:
    Echambers said:
    YankeeMan said:
    He spent several years in the 82nd until he went Special Forces.  The 82nd is an amazing group!
    I'm confused, @YankeeMan, did you mean your son went into Special Forces or Eric did?  
    jlmarta said:
    YankeeMan said:
    Echambers said:
    YankeeMan said:
    I'm confused, @YankeeMan, did you mean your son went into Special Forces or Eric did?  
    My son went to Special Forces.  He was in the 82nd for several years.
    Ah, so. Thanks for clarifying that for me. And thank you and your son for his service. Those guys do some amazing things to preserve our freedom - most of which we never know about. 
    I will do that.  He tells me more than he tells his Mom and what he tells me scares the living daylights out of me.  Most of what he does, he can't even talk about.

We are proud of him and what he does.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I will do that.  He tells me more than he tells his Mom and what he tells me scares the living daylights out of me.  Most of what he does, he can't even talk about.

We are proud of him and what he does.
    Thank you and your son and family for your sacrifices and service, means the world to some of us and my family is among those!

Thanks,
    Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."