Home General Discussion

North Cali herf

Ok so I know it's last minute but I'm off this week. Anyone in No Cal wanna herf? I'm thinking tuesday or wednesday at my local cigar lounge. Any takers?

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ah dude...any other week and I'd totally be down! Tuesday is my anniversary and that's an all-day deal, and Wednesday I'll be wAy broke from Tuesday! Lol....another time tho. I come down to the Bay all the time. What's your local b&m, btw?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Hmmm...road trip for a herf? Well I doubt I'd ever be able to make it during the week out of town. That would be cool if we could get some fellow Nor Cal fellows together...I'm sure Mr. Hays would agree!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I would be in but it's the wrong end of the country. :-(
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    Hmmm...road trip for a herf? Well I doubt I'd ever be able to make it during the week out of town. That would be cool if we could get some fellow Nor Cal fellows together...I'm sure Mr. Hays would agree!

Mr. Hays isn't the only one who would probably agree...I and a few friends might also be open to such a thing, depending on the location and date.

Marty

Well since I've already been volunteered (as well as expressed my own interest) in future ventures, I'll say again: I'm down. Plus, I've had the pleasure of meeting Brian (Bass8844) and Marty (jlmarta) and they're both stand-up fellas...so it would be a nice little get-together I think. Hell, Brian and I don't live far from each other....carpool! Lol I've heard there is a big lounge in Vacaville (haven't been there, just heard) - maybe we could meet there as a halfway point?

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Hays:
    Well since I've already been volunteered (as well as expressed my own interest) in future ventures, I'll say again: I'm down. Plus, I've had the pleasure of meeting Brian (Bass8844) and Marty (jlmarta) and they're both stand-up fellas...so it would be a nice little get-together I think. Hell, Brian and I don't live far from each other....carpool! Lol I've heard there is a big lounge in Vacaville (haven't been there, just heard) - maybe we could meet there as a halfway point?
    Well I was thinking since I'm the only one from the bay area that I would be willing to come up that way for a herf since you all live near each other. I might even be in sacramento thursday evening the 7th.

Hayes: I go to the cigar loft in san mateo.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooops! The 7th is shot for me. I'm having cataract surgery on the 6th and won't be able to drive for a while. Ah, the joys of geezerhood, eh? Wish I could be there, though.

Marty

Well I'm down for the 7th if it works for ya (even if Brian and Marty can't make it)...at least get together and meet. Other than that, I'm more than happy to have you come up here ;-).

• bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Well I'll chime in and say that the 7th might work for me. I'm going to have wait till that week to give a definite answer.
    what are some cool lounges up your way where you all go and where we might meet?
    Well there's a couple in the general area, depending on where you'll be in the Sacramento area. There's one across the street from my house that's ok, but not amazing...that's in Roseville. I'm only familiar with a couple shops IN Sacramento, but at least one has a nice lounge with a big walk-in. Not sure if you have to buy your own there actually - they have this weird marketing thing going on (I'll look into it). Also, there's my own place with a decently comfy patio...

Hays:
    Well there's a couple in the general area, depending on where you'll be in the Sacramento area. There's one across the street from my house that's ok, but not amazing...that's in Roseville. I'm only familiar with a couple shops IN Sacramento, but at least one has a nice lounge with a big walk-in. Not sure if you have to buy your own there actually - they have this weird marketing thing going on (I'll look into it). Also, there's my own place with a decently comfy patio...
    Well I do not know my way around the sacramento area except the way to reno or tahoe and of course where the gold club is! Oh my fiance just told me we are staying at the Sheraton Grand in sac- is that near you? I will have a car and can travel.
    Nice digs...right in the center of town. The shop I had in mind is 6.8 miles from there (according to Google Maps), and I thought you could bring your own cigar there - apparently I was mistaken, per my phone call just now to the shop. The guy was actually an ass to me on the phone, which was rather off-putting. To come to me you'd have to drive 20 miles. You're not coming to town for a trade show by any chance are you?

Hays:
    Nice digs...right in the center of town. The shop I had in mind is 6.8 miles from there (according to Google Maps), and I thought you could bring your own cigar there - apparently I was mistaken, per my phone call just now to the shop. The guy was actually an ass to me on the phone, which was rather off-putting. To come to me you'd have to drive 20 miles. You're not coming to town for a trade show by any chance are you?
    I am not. My fiance is one of those high faluting business consultants and she is there to observe a large consultant company do thier voodoo on the executive staff of another company. I'm not allowed to say the company- let's just say it's 3 letters of the alphabet and they provide maps.
    Most lounges I go to do not allow you to bring your own sticks, but the guy didn't need to be an a$$ about it.
    Well there's another lounge in town where you cAn bring your own, but there's a cover. The shop I called was advertising how thEy didn't charge for their lounge... Either way, the one that has a cover isn't worth the cover really. So are you for-sure going to be here the 7th now?

Hays:
    Well there's another lounge in town where you cAn bring your own, but there's a cover. The shop I called was advertising how thEy didn't charge for their lounge... Either way, the one that has a cover isn't worth the cover really. So are you for-sure going to be here the 7th now?
    Yup. Thursday the 7th.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've really only been to one shop that has a lounge but they do ask you purchase cigars there to smoke. Though I have been there and brought my own cigar, though I usually go and buy a couple of sticks if I go there. The amount of money I've spent there they can suck it if they had an issue with it but they don't great peeps.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I want to get a herf going around me but none of you guys live in oregon. Well dennis lives in salem.
    Hey all. just wanted to see where we are on this. is anyone still interested in getting together?
    phobicsquirrel:
    I want to get a herf going around me but none of you guys live in oregon. Well dennis lives in salem.
    I'd love to get up your way soon! that's is some beautiful country you got there.
    I was just thinking about this...sorry. I'm still down. I'll PM you my private contact info, and hit me up there so we can better coordinate eh?