Home General Discussion

Spare humidor question

I bought one of the "specials" off of this site that included a free desktop humidor.  I am not using it, but I did season it for going on three weeks now with 84% Boveda packs. I currently have no use for it.  That may change in the near future, but as of now I have room in the current humidor.

What is the best way to go about "not using" this humidor?  Take out the 84% and buy some 69% and leave it empty?  Take everything out and leave it dry until I get ready to use it?

Comments

• NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, good question, I think I would add the 69% and in two weeks when your other humidor is full start using it :)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Take everything out and leave it dry until I get ready to use it?
    yep; that'd be easiest. 

just be sure to (re)season it once you're ready to use it again.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think you'll use it within a couple of months I'd go with, "Take out the 84% and buy some 69% and leave it empty?" But, you may have to add a shot glass with DW or maybe an 84% Boveda in order to keep the RH where you want it while it's empty. 
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I wouldn't recommend mixing the two 69% and 84% bovedas you'll just work that poor 69%er to death trying to absorb the extra humidity. You can probably just leave the 84% in there and monitor the situation. But I don't know bud, I have said before stuff expands to the space available, and an empty humidor is just asking for it... :)
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just bomb it to some poor sap that doesn't think he is going to need a cooler.