Home Non Cigar Related

Need Truck advice

2»

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Brad enjoy brother :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went with a Ram. 2012 Crew Cab Laramie fully loaded with 48k miles, leather, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, navigation, DVD and all the goodies. Warranty until 150k miles bumper to bumper. $25k

nice ride you got there brad.
    good choice.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Sweet truck. What's the color called?
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep Molten Red Pearl
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    jlmarta said:
    Yeah my drawback on the Chevy and this is probably stupid is that everybody I know has one.  (probably speaks to the dependability) 
    And I always get a laugh out of Ford advertising 'the Blue Oval'. The dummies don't know the difference between an oval and an ellipse.  :p
    An ellipse is an oval, although an oval may not be an ellipse -- unless I have it backwards. In Plain English, we just say oval and get it over with.

The fact there are so many Chevy trucks around ought to enhance your chances of finding a good used one.

OOPS ... now I see you scored a Dodge
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just traded in my Chevy Silverado last weekend for a small SUV.

It was a 2004 model that just turned 87K miles. It never left Florida, just short runs with the bass boat to the lake and around town and hauling dive gear and kayaks.  Did not require much maintenance in the 12 plus years I had it except tires. oil changes and air filters. The only issues with the truck were cosmetic where the sun was hard on the paint and some small plastic parts inside.  Its been less than 2 weeks and I miss my big blue chevy already.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went looking and came home with this...

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I test drove a couple when I was looking and did not like them. Nice looking trucks just not my cup of tea.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like ya both picked up some nice rides
    A little dirt never hurt
    Went back with the XLT but got one with the console instead of bench seat. 2.7l v6 Eco. Has enough juice to haul the ranger. That's all I need. 

Congrats Mark glad you found something you liked :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had an 06 F-350 XLT that hauled my a$$ to hell and back a couple times, sold it last year, nothing against the rest but loved that XLT 
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited August 2016
    Ya' I went window shopping and walked out with one. Miss my last one but they gave a good offer on it so I took it. I ran it pretty good. Had a few scratches and dents and had 80k. It was either keep it for the long haul or trade it. Now is the best time as the 17 model year comes out. Now the fun of customizing and making the way I want. Of course my hard trifold cover won't fit the new one, neither does the all weather mats. Had to take the stereo out and get it in the new one. Fun, fun, fun. The new one does have some features that I wanted to have such as the touchscreen (not as fancy as the lariat. No nav or climate control on it.). The console, better lighting in the bed, trailer light on the tailgate, the bed auto locks when you lock the truck (jury is still out on that), the ecoboost (although I was good with the v8) only thing that is a annoying is the start/stop on the engine with the 2.7. Does take a little getting used to. 

Sounds like a great change overall Mark, though the start stop would drive me bonkers!

Brett