Home General Discussion

Cuban requests

My mother in laws best friend is going to Cuba soon and said she would bring me back a cigar.  If you had the choice of a single Cuban cigar to request to be brought back to you, what would it be?

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolivar Belicoso Fino, by far my fav regular production CC :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Bolivar Belicoso Fino, by far my fav regular production CC :)
    Somehow I knew you would be the first to jump on this one
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Just be sure to let her know that if she is not buying it in an official store it will likely be counterfeit. Also you might want to provide her with a small herf a dor so it does not get crushed on the return trip. /Jealous :)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    just fyi it's still techinically illegal to bring cuban goods into the USA. 

if customs/border protection find cuban cigar(s) the cigars will probably be confiscated and it's possible (but unlikely) that she could be subject to fines as well.

nvm

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

@jgibv, John this recently changed and if you are going to Cuba itself and coming back you are allowed to bring up to $100 worth of cigars back with you, its a very very new change but it is now legal.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    @jgibv, John this recently changed and if you are going to Cuba itself and coming back you are allowed to bring up to $100 worth of cigars back with you, its a very very new change but it is now legal.

Brett
    well then....today i learned. 

i thought that you could consume cuban goods abroad now.  i did not realize you could bring them back to the US. 

cool deal brett.  definitely a step in the right direction...can't wait to see cuban coffee on grocery store shelves.  and see cigar blends that include cuban tobacco in them.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $100 worth of REAL Cuban cigars won't be very many cigars....  :#
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An answer to the OP's question should include maybe 5 that are ranked among our favorites, because as always, one person's favorite might not be his.  I find with my 'favorites' it's usually a moving target and it probably won't be my favorite a month or a year down the road.

The BFF's are highly regarded and one I see as a favorite by many.  But the Hoya Epicures are great as are the Montecristo 2's and Ramon Allones (sp?) along with Partagas. 

There are those here who are far more qualified to talk about CC's than I...  @miller65rod @jliu @avengethis @lee_mcglynn would have more insight.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was one and only one she would bring back then I would say have her bring back the Behike.  Pricey but with enough time on it, they are awesome.  If you are looking for a more "run of the mill" type then my #1 choice would be the Hoyo De Monterey Epicure #1.  This is probably my favorite regular production but close behind would be the San Cristobal La Punta or the Bolivar Belicoso Finos.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Depends.  What is your smoking  experience like with cuban cigars?  source of purchase is key. Stick to the qualified la casa del habano in general as there will be plenty of fakes there.  Happy to talk more once I find out your tastes.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You likely won't find a Behike. Serious drought with them. 

My recommendations below, of course everyone has different taste but these do it for me. Only buy from an Habanos SA authorized dealer also or you will be smoking fakes. 

RYJ - Churchill is the only thing I enjoy. 

Partagas - D4, Lusitania's, 898 varnished or Party Shorts.

Cohiba - Siglo VI or Robusto

Hoyo - Epicure #2 Tubo

Ramon Allones. Specially Selected (RASS)

St Louis Rey - Double Corona hard to find singles though since they are sold in 50 cabs. A great seegar that is hardly spoken of. 

H Uppman - Mag 46 or a Connosieur A

Bolivar - Belicoso Fino

Monte - #2 or Edmundo's

Trinidad - Vigia or Fundadores

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen in most forums and FB cigar groups youre only allowed to bring back $100 worth of FAKE Cuban cigars.
    You can send one cigar to Cigar Obsession douch bag for assesment. Do you want to buy a motorcycle? If you only get one smoke it!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen in most forums and FB cigar groups youre only allowed to bring back $100 worth of FAKE Cuban cigars.
    You can send one cigar to Cigar Obsession douch bag for assesment. Do you want to buy a motorcycle? If you only get one smoke it!
    I'm just gonna leave this right here

https://youtu.be/S13a1ILHjts
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    edited August 2016

@danielzreyes flagged as spam for subjecting us to this douche tool again

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If I could only bring back one ISOM, it would be the lesser known San Cristobal de la Habana (kindly gifted to me by a BOTL here). Hands down the best cigar I've ever had. 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

@danielzreyes flagged as spam for subjecting us to this douche tool again

But that Zesty Zingy Earth notes tho
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot said:
    If I could only bring back one ISOM, it would be the lesser known San Cristobal de la Habana (kindly gifted to me by a BOTL here). Hands down the best cigar I've ever had. 
    When I smoked a SC (from @bandyt09) that's what turned me onto cubans. Still one of the best cigars I've had.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Lmao!!! I've said it and will keep saying it. I don't trust reviewers that get all those flavores off the first puff and don't trust ones that don't retrohale!! 
    Money can't buy taste
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nearly spit my coffee out when I saw this.

Behike 52's 8 months ago 420. Today over 700. Ouch
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Good LORD talk about inflation!