Home General Discussion

Hey St Louis Folks...

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am going to be staying in the city soon, and have plans to visit the Charles P Stanley, as well as Grand Cru. We have a bunch of other activities planned, but I am in charge of 2-3 cigar bar visits. For my third lounge, I am debating between two options (I know we can smoke at the riverboats, and that may come in to play later). 

I am debating between Brennans in Central West End (proximity to where we're staying), but I am intrigued by The Cigar Club over in Clayton (located at the Ritz Carlton). 

Is one preferred over the other? Both Brennans and The Cigar Club have a private membership club fee, can any of you guys advise what I should expect to pay?

Thank you!

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea on what to expect to pay.  I hear the Ritz is really nice, know several people that go there but have not been myself.  Another you can check out...
    The Hill Cigar Company - it is a BnM, not sure if they sell libations.  Great location in the Hill Neighborhood, great Italian eateries and great selection of cigars.
    Gran Cru is nice and has a good selection but it is BYOB.  also great bar scene in the area.  
    If you wanted to come out a little farther we always frequent The Barrel Bar - Crappy cigar selection but the booze selection is phenomenal and as long as you are drinking, they don't mind if you bring your own in.  Tell them I sent you.  
    There is also Aiellos Cigar Bar in Cottleville.  Good selection of sticks, booze selection is minimal but have the basics, botche ball in back.  Will have to buy and smoke there.
    You have JR Cigars and Jons Pipe shop in Clayton that is not too far from where you will be staying either.  Do not know much about them as I have not been to either one.  @devildog1 can give you a better idea of what to expect there.  

When are you coming in town? 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for the feedback @matkn293 we will be out from Friday to Tuesday. First time back to The Lou in about three years. Can't wait to hit Schlafly. Only bad thing is the Birds are on the road!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jarubla. When you going to be here???

Jons Pipe shop has a great selection of sticks, They are the TAA authorized retailer for this area and they carry all the TAA series sticks. They do not have a bar and don't think they have a smoke area, never asked only been there to make purchase during the day.  I only walked into the JR cigar shop once, was not impressed.

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jarubla how many do you have with you?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trap @jarubla
    Run, run for your humidors sake, Run!!!  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Hiya fellas, 

I am out here now--last night was the first night in this beautiful city. I forget how green everything is!!

I brought a fiver with me, and shared a bit with some humans at a get together last night here in Olivette. I have noble plans, and hope I can pick up a few at each lounge. We shall see!

I am open to suggestion on when/where you fellas want to get together. I need to dbl check with the boss, but I think a get together would be fantastic

-Jay
    I talked with the boss, and I have availability on Sunday
    edited August 2016
    I stopped by Jon's this afternoon and picked up some stuff I haven't been able to grab before. The F&K bat pipe tobacco, a barber pole Hemingway, a couple foundry sticks, some aged davidoff tins (she said they had ~10 years on them), and a couple yamasa sticks. Excellent service, and I liked the old feel of the place. Thank you for the recommendation! 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay when you smoke a Yamasa would appreciate hearing what you think about it, that's one of the more interesting releases from IPCPR that I was interested in, would appreciate your thoughts! Enjoy St. Louis brother it's a neat place and great pick ups :)

Brett

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Lou! Hope you enjoy your stay. Keep me updated if you guys meet up tomorrow. I highly doubt I can make it but you never know.