Home General Discussion

Well, well, well

SteveInTexasSteveInTexas Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Look what the Postman dropped off.....

Not sure why, but certainly appreciated.

Thanks Daniel!!

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very cool, way to go DZR @danielzreyes, enjoy Steve I use mine daily!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job, @danielzreyes

I love mine and think sweet thoughts of you on a daily basis as I use mine.  <3
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a variety of uses.  That's a fact!! 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I saw one of your make DZR when I was at Gran Cru in Soulard earlier this week. The lady running the shop didn't know who's it was, nor did Matt or Jim. 

It was obviously one of your make, Daniel, and I had a good chuckle thinking about the hands it must have passed through to get there
    Post edited by jarubla on
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skel said:
    Dang nice!  Where do you buy those? 

You don't buy these, you have to dry beg for them.  Ask this guy @danielzreyes
    Those cigar stands always look so amazing. Is this considered dry begging?
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SteveInTexasI use mine all the time. They are great! Great job @danielzreyes
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I searched all over the internet for one of those. Stone Cigar Rest came up blank. when I finally dropped stone and went with just cigar rest I found this:

http://www.nicepair.ca/cigar-stand-review/    

Fortunately for me, my "dry begging" skills have improved :) 

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    I saw one of your make DZR when I was at Gran Cru in Soulard earlier this week. The lady running the shop didn't know who's it was, nor did Matt or Jim. 

It was obviously one of your make, Daniel, and I had a good chuckle thinking about the hands it must have passed through to get there
    This makes me smile 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    Skel said:
    Dang nice!  Where do you buy those? 

You don't buy these, you have to dry beg for them.  Ask this guy @danielzreyes
    Those cigar stands always look so amazing. Is this considered dry begging?
    Do you not have one?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I searched all over the internet for one of those. Stone Cigar Rest came up blank. when I finally dropped stone and went with just cigar rest I found this:

http://www.nicepair.ca/cigar-stand-review/    

Fortunately for me, my "dry begging" skills have improved :) 

that's a nice review for the Stogie Stand dude. when I clicked the link it came up nicepair.ca I hesistated a bit, until mama stepped away but just a good solid stand review
    A little dirt never hurt
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    So how do you get one without DryBegging? (Is this Dry begging? If so, sorry.) :( Seriously though. Great idea!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:

This makes me smile 
    I saw it there and it is unmistakable.  It is a DZR SS.  Not sure who or where this would have come from.  The tobacconist said it has been there a while.  @brianetz1 is the only person that I can think of who it may be.  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

I shamelessly dry begged for mine, it was humiliating but when it showed up was so worth it. Thanks again DZR, I use both of mine daily all the time! Thanks for what you do for us here brother!

brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost left my DZR stogie stand at a local B&M but luckily remembered it before I left, phew. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would never happen to me cause I don't have one. So sad. I would never make anymore sock comments.
    ^ getting closer, but have to come out and just flat out beg :D
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to resort to bribery to get a custom Reyes SS, may have to do so again as mine is getting a bit rough around the edges ;)

I had to resort to bribery to get a custom Reyes SS, may have to do so again as mine is getting a bit rough around the edges ;)
    As did I, used mine enough it has a great patina to it that I love... same with the original SS that is a different design than the current ones... I still have that OG ish yo!

Brett
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tell it never gets used!

As did I, used mine enough it has a great patina to it that I love... same with the original SS that is a different design than the current ones... I still have that OG ish yo!

Brett

You can tell it never gets used!

Brett

Man that's a great looking SS that's seen a lot of love and great sticks! Here's mine:

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you lack dry begging skills (see my posts when I first got here for a tutorial), DZR smokes dog rockets like Opus X and Davidoff limited editions. Send them as bodyguards for the loudest most outrageous socks you can find. He might consider gracing your addy with a stogie stand or 2 if you please his highness! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    I would offer to demonstrate proper dry begging technique as a tutorial and learning tool, but I am afraid that at least one joker would still use it as an opportunity to "teach a lesson" which would hurt. Basically make it more than painfully obvious, just get down on your knees and beg... dress yourself up in the grass hula skirt and fling yourself into the volcano. It hurts and is humiliating, but the result of a stogie stand is worth said pain and suffering.

Brett
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    After all, what's a little pride when we're talking stogie stands :)

• CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Since we are showing off. image
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the win

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Very nice Donnie and Nick, love the blood splatter Dexter ones and that Anarchy band is just ****' cool! 

Brett