Home General Discussion

'Tis better to give...

Lots of posts describing our Christmas hauls. But doesn't anyone here give cigars to friends and family? I gave my son an assortment of ccom cigars that you simply can't find at the local B&M's. Premium Gurkhas, 5 Vegas + the creme de la creme a couple Cuban Montecristos. Even though he tends to smoke exclusively low end (owing to his austere budget as a student) he immediately recognized the prizes in there as heaven.

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I didn't give anybody cigars for christmas but I do give out cigars to friends all the time.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really didn't give any this year, but I do give some smoking friends some cigars to try all year long.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I sent my buddy Paul the 90 rated sampler from here. He's in Iraq with the Army right now and I thought he needed a lil cigar love. He said he is sending me some Turkish hand rolled cigars. Hopefully there are no customs issues
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    sam e here I give out lots during yhe year
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have given some to my son this year but not to anyone else.
    Except for a few Canadians I have met here on the forums nobody I know smokes cigars around where I live.
    I give out all my sticks to forum bro's.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I gave out 3 Nub Samplers, and bought my wife a small 18 count humidor so she can keep her CAO flavours out of my humi!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I sent my sister the Rocky Patel sampler Daily Deal from earlier in the week. It's nice that you can always send your order as gift and they'll put a little note in the package.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I gave some stuff to one of my staff, he is getting in to cigars...I had selfish reasons though, it motivated him to help me hit my targets lol.....
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    'Tis better to give...
    Ya know who made up that saying? Somebody who didn't have anything. Just sayin'.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Gave my friend a Tat Black Tubo and an Anejo #46....we will be smoking a couple Opus Robusto's later tonight that I gave him last Christmas.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    My good buddy just got his first humidor up and running. I am going to give him a few Oliva V Maduros since I just ordered a box !!!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I have given to every family member that smokes...
    Future father-in-law got three smokes
    Secret Santa future Bro-in-law got a lighter and 6 smokes
    and I brought another future bro-in-law a cigar in case he wanted to smoke...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Gave my brother a 5'er of the Gurkha blue steels..... Dad got a new CCOM starter humi and some small flavored smokes he likes.....
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I have given to every family member that smokes...
    Future father-in-law got three smokes
    Secret Santa future Bro-in-law got a lighter and 6 smokes
    and I brought another future bro-in-law a cigar in case he wanted to smoke...
    ...Hey Lassie, you forgot your other 6471 other brothers right here, well, maybe next year.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i STILL have yet to buy my Dads cigars... i should get on that.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave to Hays, Bacon.Jay, BStayer, my father-in-law and my brother-in-law. People have been generous to me also. It is always fun to share sticks.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I got my brother-in-law a small 20 count humidor which is plenty for him. I also got him eight premium cigars. He was an occasional smoker but couldn't tell the difference between an Opus X and a Swisher. I slowly have been getting him more interested into premium cigars and he is to the point now where he can tell the difference between premium and junk and is now and is starting to pick out a few flavors and even mentions the origins of the tobacco when selecting a cigar.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    In theory it is better to give than receive....in theory!! LOL
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I sent my non-smoking friend a gift of several sticks.
    5 Vegas Gold Churchill
    NUB Connecticut
    GUrkha Park Ave Churchill
    So far he's loved them....
    stephen_hannibal:
    I sent my non-smoking friend a gift of several sticks.
    5 Vegas Gold Churchill
    NUB Connecticut
    GUrkha Park Ave Churchill
    So far he's loved them....
    Can I be your non-smoking friend? I hate cigars and you'll never win me over!
  • Considering no one gave me anything for Christmas, I gave only my wife and daughter/son inlaw/grandson something and I bought my own Christmas gift of a nice 150 ct humidor and a box of cigars.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    CigarDisciple:
    Considering no one gave me anything for Christmas, I gave only my wife and daughter/son inlaw/grandson something and I bought my own Christmas gift of a nice 150 ct humidor and a box of cigars.
    That's the gift that keeps giving the whole year Clark. (I love that movie)
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    clearlysuspect:
    I sent my sister the Rocky Patel sampler Daily Deal from earlier in the week. It's nice that you can always send your order as gift and they'll put a little note in the package.
    Lucky her!!!! ;)

I didn't know you could you do that before! Something I'll be taking advantage of more in the future!! hehe

I only gave one this year, but perhaps more next year as my collection grows. And I feel blessed that it has grown by leaps and bounds this holiday season! Thank you Santa!!! (Hopefully he'll know to bring me a new humidor to hold them all in next year!)
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Givinig the girlfriends dad a 5 count herf-a-dor with 5 Man 'o War's in it :)
  • Gave my brother in law the Ccom Christmas Feast Sampler, and gave my brother a 75 - 100 count humidor.
  • Trying to get in good with your future F in L. Smart move.
    Couldn't figure out what to get my brother for Christmas, so I bought him a CI 20 Count Humi. The one with all the labels on the front of it. Got him a guillotine cutter and plan on stocking it with a few good cigars. Hopefully, he'll like that. If not, oh well. I'm not big on christmas gifts anyway.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Oh lets see got a friend a nice little 25 count humi, 5 Maxx, 5 5Vegas Miami, 2 Nica Libre, 2 special sticks ISOM. Let my dad raid my stash while he was here for a week. Gave a few tat's, ISOM sticks, MOW, few Vegas', RP Decade, RP 90&92, & I'm sure that I am missing a few others that I gave away as presents. Wow guess I will be making a phone call to Jeff Monday to restock my humi!!! Who said it was better to give?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    laker1963:
    I have given some to my son this year but not to anyone else.
    Except for a few Canadians I have met here on the forums nobody I know smokes cigars around where I live.
    I give out all my sticks to forum bro's.
    Laker I feel bad that you don't have anyone near you to share your sticks with. You can share them with me ;)