Home Pipes

A Fresh Look for an old Beater.

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Pipes
This Bariccini is a work pipe, it had a heavy varnish finish that was chipped and peeling so I decided to strip it down. My original plan was to simply remove  the varnish and wax it, leaving as much of the stain as possible  so I used a paper towel and alcohol, I realized fairly quickly that this was not going to produce the look I wanted and broke out the sandpaper. I started with 320 grit and took it all the way down to bare briar then worked it up to 12000 grit (yes 12 thousand) The 2nd set of pics is after the final sand and the last set is with one coat of carnubia wax.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy CATS Nathan you put in some amazing work on that wow! It came out looking fantastic, talk about a labor of love makes my hands hurt just thinking about all of that sanding! Great job and thanks for sharing my friend, very very cool to see :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, nice job!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Nathan! Looks fantastic
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That turned out great!
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding.  Love the new finish.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @onestrangeone Nathan that is absolutely awesome. Wow. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Geez. Nice work, man. That thing looks perfect.