Home General Discussion

Long time no see - Rip

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Hello friends, long time no see but Once in a while I think of all my Ccom friends. I left Nicaragua a year and half ago and now in Thailand. I still smoke and collect cigars.  In fact more than ever. Work keeps me very busy and I just don't have a lot of time like before.

i hope you are all doing well. Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Best,

Rip

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to see you here!  I miss those Nicaragua posts.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and nice to meet you.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see you here!  I miss those Nicaragua posts.
    Hi Amos, hope you are doing well amigo. Thailand also has a vibrant cigar culture though nothing like Nicaragua. I will post share some of my experience soon. 
    Albinfk said:
    Hello and nice to meet you.
    Nice to meet you Al.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've really enjoyed reading your old threads. Nice to see you back around!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, if even only sporadically. I hope to see some Thailand posts soon.
    Welcome back, if even only sporadically. I hope to see some Thailand posts soon.
    Will try my best. Thailand cigar culture is more urban-corporate kind not so tropical as Nicaragua. However, Bangkok has some extremly well designed cigar lounges, includes a Cohiba Atmosphere, exclusive member only cigar clubs, open cigar lounges for all and some exclusive corporate cigar lounges in the five star hotels. It is a different cigar world; after all Bangkok is a business city with dynamic economy. Will try my best to post some reviews of lounges with pics. 
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Looking firward to seeing details of your new life adventures rip!

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to see your Lord Rip! Congrats on the move sounds like a vibrant and exciting change, really good to see you again and can't wait to hear about more of your travels and experiences :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Hey Brett,

How are you my old friend. This move was sad after spent six years in Nicaragua but overall it was good for the kids and family. Also I couldn't extend my assignment any longer. 

Over the years my taste has changed a lot, I buy less new brands but collected some extremly rare cigars. You will be surprised to know that Pepin captured my hearth over Padron. Very few new cigars caught my attention such as 1502 XO, Fuente Don Carlos Private Reserve, Cuban Montecristo Grand Reserva 2005, H. Upman Reserva.

Hope you are doing well.

Best,

Rip
    Thanks Rip it's very good to hear from you and even better to hear that the family is doing so well! I'm a bit surprised to hear that DPG caught your heart over Padron since I remember just how much you loved those, but then again DPG does some truly spectacular work! I've smoked a few of the ones you mentioned, really liked the Personal Reserve just had a bit of a construction issue with it. Have you tried the Padron 90th yet, that one is high on my list. Be well and be safe Rip, hope to hear from you much more often ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa. No way .... can it be?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Thanks Rip it's very good to hear from you and even better to hear that the family is doing so well! I'm a bit surprised to hear that DPG caught your heart over Padron since I remember just how much you loved those, but then again DPG does some truly spectacular work! I've smoked a few of the ones you mentioned, really liked the Personal Reserve just had a bit of a construction issue with it. Have you tried the Padron 90th yet, that one is high on my list. Be well and be safe Rip, hope to hear from you much more often ;)

Brett
    Hi Brett,

please don't get me wrong; I still love Padron but little less than Pepin. Padron 50th is a phenomenal smoke. Yes, I tried 90th very complex smoke. I even smoke a very special 90th personal blend which never came to the market. Few pictures below:
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you on Rip.  Miss hearing about your adventures and drooling over pics.
    edited September 2016
    Haha...how are you my dear friend Daneil. Miss me?
    Good to see you on Rip.  Miss hearing about your adventures and drooling over pics.
    Thanks! Will try to join more often if not like before. 
    Absolutely amazing Rip, very very cool and congrats on having such a unique and rare opportunity to try to personal blend 90th! Enjoy brother and cant wait to see more pics to drool over!

Brett
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman said:

Indeed I have.

Glad to see you're doing well and still burning the leaf, my friend. 

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    rzaman said:

Indeed I have.

Glad to see you're doing well and still burning the leaf, my friend. 

Likewise...miss your pho thread.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to "see" you around again, Rip.  I always enjoy your posts and photographs. 
    I hope that everything is going well for you.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    Glad to "see" you around again, Rip.  I always enjoy your posts and photographs. 
    I hope that everything is going well for you.
    Thanks John! Actually life in Thailand is really good. In fact, I am perfectly happy in every aspects of my life now. This is a beautiful country and people are wonderful. The work is killing me but can't complain. 
    Martel said:
    Welcome home!
    Thanks! Hope you are doing well. 
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you drop in again, always enjoyed your photos and posts. 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    !!!!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you again. Happy things are going well. Those Padron look spectacular btw. 
    I see a lot of old folks are gone. Where is Tony, Andrew, Kuzi, Catfish, Rain and others active members from 2013?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rzaman, If by Tony you're referring to @0patience , he's stll pretty active.  @Kuzi is remarried, drops by occasionally, @Rain left, came back, left again.  I keep hoping that @catfishbluezz will reappear, but it's been a long time.  Which Andrew?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    @rzaman, If by Tony you're referring to @0patience , he's stll pretty active.  @Kuzi is remarried, drops by occasionally, @Rain left, came back, left again.  I keep hoping that @catfishbluezz will reappear, but it's been a long time.  Which Andrew?
    Thanks for the update. Andrew is the AMZ.