Home Non Cigar Related

Cigar diary from Thailand

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Bangkok is the capital city of the Kingdom of Thailand. Bangkok has been an international business city and also a Regional-Global conference center in the world. This geographical economic and political location brought corporate luxuris to this amazing city. My post to this thread would be limited to cigar related matters.

Cohiba Atmosphere is a luxurious cigar lounge brand which are located only handful of corporate business cities. These lounges maintain extreme quality control for the ultimate cigar indulgence. Here are some pictures of Bangkok Cohiba Atmosphere cigar lounge partnered with world famous single malt maker Balveni.

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping you do another one of these!  Thank you sir.  Glad to see you back.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partnered with Balvenie? Have a glass of the 21 year next time you are in there!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Partnered with Balvenie? Have a glass of the 21 year next time you are in there!
    Well, I always keep a bottle of Balveni 21 in my collection. However, lately I've been enjoying more of Japanese and Twainese whiskies. Asian whiskies and single malt are as supirior in some cases more supirior than Scottish brands. In 2015 Taiwanese KAVALAN was awarded as the Whisky of the Year.
    Here is one of my favorite Japanese whisky- Hibiki Santory 17.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! Thanks for doing another journal. It makes me question every decision of my life to read, but it's so much fun.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Great pics.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!  Love Balvenie.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Rip, love the Hibiki have a bottle of the 12 that rocks. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. What a neat loozing place.  Everybody needs a Cohiba elephant
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, place looks amazing would love to go there. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just great to see you again Rip!! Thanks!
    Bigshizza said:
    Just great to see you again Rip!! Thanks!
    Thanks B! How are you doing. I am also glad to see you around. Lots of old  active members are gone. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like some of the old-timers vHerf more than they post, at least occasionally. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is like reading an old familiar book with a new twist.
    With new wonders and delight.

Thank you for that Rip.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    This is a cigar lounge inside Intercontinental business hotel calls "Balcony". This lounge offers over 350 types of liquors and full smoking service. The best part is Australian Waygu beef burger. It is open to all public but members gets special personalized services which means one butler stand aside to light up your cigar and pour your drinks. The cigars are all Cuban, you can also bring your own cigars but you have to spend certain amount of money to use the facility. One of my favorite smoking place in Bangkok.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Gorgeous  :o
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG 10th what a perfect partner for any drink or occasion!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow nice!! Yeah a lot of regular old timers fell off the map. Sad days for sure. Do your kids and wife like it there?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing thread. Glad to see you posting again Rip.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent six days and five nights in Bangkok in April 1967. I was a Jarhead grunt straight out of the bush on R&R from Vietnam. Won't confess what I did but I do remember drinking Bloody Marys for breakfast and jumping out of a second story window into the swiming pool at my hotel. It looks like Bangkok has changed a bit for the better.  
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think i remember reading that^^^^
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of stuff is the only reason I hope the embargo lifts. Other then awesom isom lounges I can only hope it doesn't get lifted
    Money can't buy taste
    Bigshizza said:
    Wow nice!! Yeah a lot of regular old timers fell off the map. Sad days for sure. Do your kids and wife like it there?
    They all love it here, specially the kids. The International school is one of the top ten in the world. Bangkok is a business city and full of expats. As a result, things are avilable from all over the world and you can find any kinds of food. It is like the NY city. Asia is leading the world economic growth and you can see it in every sector. 

Both me and my wife work here with the USG. Our Embassy does regional work and it can be stressful sometime. However, lot of Americans live here and the living condition is top notch. We celebrate every American holidays just like home. I miss my home city Washigton DC sometime. Overall, we are very happy here.
    This kind of stuff is the only reason I hope the embargo lifts. Other then awesom isom lounges I can only hope it doesn't get lifted
    Lee, I would warn you my friend. Last two years The quality of the Cuban cigars are going downhill along with non-Cubans. The market has too many cigar makers. Cuba now release Grand Reserva, Reserva, Anejados, LE, Regional Release but it is all marketing hoax. I believe once the embargo lofts the quality will be even worst. It will definitely distabaliz the market for a while but the price will go up. It is uncertain how things will fold up then.
    I spent six days and five nights in Bangkok in April 1967. I was a Jarhead grunt straight out of the bush on R&R from Vietnam. Won't confess what I did but I do remember drinking Bloody Marys for breakfast and jumping out of a second story window into the swiming pool at my hotel. It looks like Bangkok has changed a bit for the better.  
    First_warriror, first of all thanks for your service. The Thailand you saw in 1967 was a poor country but now Thailand has the 43rd largest GDP in the world. It is straight middle-call to upper middle-class country now. It is a regional business hub. They developed in every sector and plays a regional political and economic role. 

If if you come back now then you will not recognize the country. Bangkok is a flashy city which doesn't represent the entire country because they still have work to do but it doesn't not undermine their impressive economic achievements. 
    Whisgars- a popular cigar lounge franchise in Thailand. Each location has its own twist. This one is my favorite so far for its impressive liquor collection, customer service and for the iceroom below minus 10. However, iceroom doesn't allow smoking but serves chilled top grade Vidka from Russia, France and Poland. This is a must have experience in Bangkok as a cigar lover:
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing. Thank you for sharing your experiences. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Rip I completely agree with things getting worse and prices going up. I do have some of the anejados and thought the monte was the best so far. But I also have a box of punch punches from 07 that I think are just as good. I can only try to imagine the havoc that will occur once the US market opens to Cuba. 
    Money can't buy taste
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its easy to pick out the ice room, thanks for sharing your experiences. my international experiences were probably closer the those of @First_Warrior
    A little dirt never hurt