Home General Discussion

It's Been A While... A lot of Pictures...

I sort of fell of the planet for a couple of months... but, I got back in the groove and have been building humidors like a madman.... Just finished up a couple and I have 5 more on the bench... as we speak... Here's what just came off the bench... Cherry & Ebony... imageimage Red Oak... imageimage Mahogany & Wenge and Hard Maple & Walnut... imageimageimage And here's what's coming up after that.... Mahogany & Rosewood, Bird's Eye Maple & Ebony (this one's spoken for, and Wormy American Chestnut & Ebony..... This out to make for an interesting week.... image Oh yeah... my little go to box that I threw together this morning... nice, tight little box! imageimage

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Wow, that is some serious craftsmanship. Well done!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Very nice indeed. How long does it take you to finish one humi?
    Have you ever used Yew wood as a material for a Humi?
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    very VERY nice!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    The walnut is my favorite.........but they all are gorgeous!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    What a great display of craftsmanship.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Whats the capacity on that bad boy, I am guessing you sell? Info...I am interested..
  • Well, based on the standard, overall dimensions.... at 100 cigars per 700 cubic inches, it would be a 175 cigar box. Thanks for lookin'
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, those are some nice looking humis. One of these days I wanna learn how to make one...maybe even a cabinet!

"Long ashes my friends."

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you back Waxy... Missed ya, and boy have you been putting out some GREAT humi's!!! Keep it up Bro!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    those are some great looking humis - keep up the good work!
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    those look awesome, great work. the glass tops are always a fav of mine
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the forums bro! Absolutely gorgeous craftsmanship there, but you already know that. Maybe I missed an update, but did you ever finish up that chessboard humi you were working on? That one majorly piqued my interest...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do fantastic work brother!! Beautiful.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Just got done **** over the humidors on your website. I hope to be able to afford one someday. Absolutely beautiful work and, IMO, quite the value.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    good to see you back Wax ...super nice humi's
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    WaxingMoon you've got a PM!