Home Non Cigar Related

Car Audio

matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Non Cigar Related
so who on here enjoys a finely tuned car audio system?  With the recent purchase of my new truck I am back to designing another system. Albiet not a full system since I am using some components from my previous truck build, but new nonetheless. I am going to keep the stock 8" touchscreen unit and add an Audio Control LC7i DSP and that will act as the LOC to my 2 Alpine Premier Amps from my precious truck. 1 will power my 2 Alpine shallow subs that will fit under the back seat. The other is a 4 Chanel amp to feed the front and rear door speakers. The fronts will Alpine TS series 6.5" component (using new tweet instead of factory that are in the A pillars. They are too far forward to do something with.). The rears will be Alpine 3 way TS series 6.5" coaxials. I have all the power wiring from the old truck but have purchased new sound deadening material, new wiring harness to interface the factory head, 2-20' rolls of speed wire and a few other misc items. The biggest change/improvement over my lat attempt is the DSP. Did not have one before and am interested in hearing the improvements in sound. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy any type of fine audio.  Its been awhile since I have induldged in putting together my own system for a car.  My new truck had the Alpine system in it which is not a bad balanced system.  The headunit is lacking for equalizer settings but it will suffice.  The last system I put together was stolen from the car so I sort of lost interest in crazy stuff back then.  Close to 5grand lost there.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. That is a horrible feeling. I got broke into about 12 years ago. Just grabbed a custom made box with 2 12's I had made. Had that box for a long time. I drive a lot and good sound is a must. It is a stress reliever for me. I am more into SQ than I am booming bass these days. I do like to feel a good kick drum though. 

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am the same way now a days.  I like to have full music sound that can be played loud.  They stole a really nice alpine dvd player, all 3 amps, kicker l7 in a custom ported box, all JL audio components, 6x9's and 6.5's.  They even tore out parts of my interior to take the wiring and extra batteries.  Right in my f'n driveway.  

Anyways yeah good quality sound is what I am into now a days.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me some good sounding audio. I had some heavy hitting subs in the mustang back in high school but I'm definitely out of the real heavy bass. I'm like you guys and want a good sounding all around system. Don't have anything good in my POS cavalier. Honestly I'm happy when it plays a cd I put in. Eventually when I get a new ride I'll have some good equipment put in. I'm excited to hear your setup Mark! I never got to hear it in the previous truck. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pioneer and Bose.
    I can't believe the difference it makes in my truck.
    I have the Pioneer AVIC-6100NEX with SIRIUS/ Navigation/DVD
    Connected to the factory Bose system, it is great.

But then again, I'm old and like crystal clear sound over loud noise. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got Harmon kardon and it's good enough for me right now. I've been wanting to put my old jl audio stuff in it but don't have the time or will most days
    Money can't buy taste
    Finally got all the pieces except the dynamat (actually a stinger product). Now to find time to do this. I am going try and take my time and not f anything up. First I am going to build the amp board. Probably get that going in the am unless I go fishing. 

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Finally got all the pieces except the dynamat (actually a stinger product). Now to find time to do this. I am going try and take my time and not f anything up. First I am going to build the amp board. Probably get that going in the am unless I go fishing. 
    I used to do car audio professionally Mark, if you end up having any questions let me know. I did a full custom system in two of my cars that were near competition worthy and were easily some of the best systems I ever listened to. Miss them very much but was a lot of fun. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Go fishing! I think I'm doing that tomorrow. I'd rather pay to get it all installed these days. I hate running wires and keeping things looking good. Plus I hate the feeling drilling into a new car lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go fishing! I think I'm doing that tomorrow. I'd rather pay to get it all installed these days. I hate running wires and keeping things looking good. Plus I hate the feeling drilling into a new car lol
    My wife had mine installed while I was at work. I thought it was odd that she wanted to take the SS to work, as she really doesn't like driving it.
    She was proud as he'll that she got it all done and the truck back home before I knew anything.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Thank you Brett. I have done several installs myself however not as a professional. Been a while since I have. Kind of got the itch to do it again although I will probably question that as I am in the middle of it. Lol. Should be fun. 

edited September 2016
    Well she is in. Sounds pretty good. Will play with the tuning for the next couple days. Already thinking about upgrading the Pioneer components in the front doors. Didn't go cheap yet dint go crazy either. Went with the audio control lc7i instead of the dq-61. Thinking I may upgrade that too.