Home Ratings & Reviews

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Toro Limited Edition

miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
Shipping this week it seems. Not cheap. Here is the halfwheel article.

http://halfwheel.com/my-father-releasing-le-bijou-limited-edition-2016/117896
Free Cuba
"I ain't got no Opus's"
LLA
- Lancero Lovers of America
2016 Gang War (South)
May I assss u a ?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty big price hike for same blend.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap for some reason My Father is going with huge price hikes on these type of limited editions . 

I am afraid it is the sign of things to come in the cigar industry. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly could be but I hope that is not true, sadly it is likely to be though :(

I am a sucker for awesome packing and love those coffins, plus that line is really really good, but I prefer them with at least one if not two years of rest on them to calm them down a bit and have them become a bit more balanced and less in your face. I could easily see sitting on a box for a year or two and seeing them become just stupendous.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good, but for that price, I can think of a whole bunch of cigars I'd rather get.
    Pretty steep.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think My Father is building funds to fight the gov with these prices. However they are supposed to be very good. 

Once the fence for me. I like my Cubans.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think My Father is building funds to fight the gov with these prices. However they are supposed to be very good. 

Once the fence for me. I like my Cubans.
    PSD4 $18 in Victoria, BC.
    So yeah, I agree.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Another wonderful and delicious true limited edition. After smoking this and Garcia & Garcia I noticed that Pepin is reducing the slice level which allows to enjoy the flavors and aroma. This is the right way to positioning DPG cigars in the global market. Hiking up the price so randomly is not a good sign but people still buy them.
    @rzaman, for those of us uneducated such as myself, what is "Slice level" Rip and how does it relate to blends and how they smoke? What impact does it have and what would it mean in terms that we may be familiar with if that helps sum up my question?

Thanks!
    Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rzaman, for those of us uneducated such as myself, what is "Slice level" Rip and how does it relate to blends and how they smoke? What impact does it have and what would it mean in terms that we may be familiar with if that helps sum up my question?

Thanks!
    Brett
    Spice? :smiley:
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Could easily be spice and just a mistyped LOL! Now that I think about it, would make a lot more sense HAHAHHA!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as Colleen won't kill me I will pickup at least two, one to smoke and one to add to my mf limited collection.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    For safety sake stay away from her when she is holding any sharp or heavy objects to be on the safe side for a while :D
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could easily be spice and just a mistyped LOL! Now that I think about it, would make a lot more sense HAHAHHA!
    For all I know, Rip picked up some new cigar lingo in Thailand. 

I'd definitely be interested in a Garcia with dialed down spice, although I very much enjoy any DPG or MF offering.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Haha...yes I meant to say "spice level". I am really bad typing in iPhone. In fact, this cigar starts like mild then gradually hike up the spice but never get spicy like other my father cigars. Overall, it is a medium bodied cigar not even med-full.

It is full of flavors and aroma. The dried fruity-floral note is very intense. Every cigar lover should smoke at least once.
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this @rzaman. I'll have to pick a few up. 

rzaman said:
    Haha...yes I meant to say "spice level". I am really bad typing in iPhone. In fact, this cigar starts like mild then gradually hike up the spice but never get spicy like other my father cigars. Overall, it is a medium bodied cigar not even med-full.

It is full of flavors and aroma. The dried fruity-floral note is very intense. Every cigar lover should smoke at least once.
    Thats the only thing that had partially turned me off of the normal Le Bijou is that it was such a spicy and big cigar I had to be in the right mood to smoke it. Hearing that the LE is so much different and noticeably milder spice wise is a wonderful bit of news! Thanks Rip, always good reading what you have to say and really appreciate the heads up on this one! 

Brett
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman said:

Thats the only thing that had partially turned me off of the normal Le Bijou is that it was such a spicy and big cigar I had to be in the right mood to smoke it. Hearing that the LE is so much different and noticeably milder spice wise is a wonderful bit of news! Thanks Rip, always good reading what you have to say and really appreciate the heads up on this one! 

Brett
    That's why we age! As you already know but really anything aj or dpg goes away for a while
    Money can't buy taste
    rzaman said:

Brett
    Brett, 

Pepin reduced the "spice level" in his Garcia & Garcia blend not the LE Bijou cigar. 
    rzaman said:
    rzaman said:

Brett
    Brett, 

Pepin reduced the "spice level" in his Garcia & Garcia blend not the LE Bijou cigar. 
    Ahhh gotcha, well that's why I lay down the Le Bijou anyways is to calm em down so would just do the same with the LE 2016.