Home General Discussion

West Coast Cigars - San Jose, California

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
Was there with @Yakster, had more than a couple cigars in my time there. Actually made it out twice on my trip, once to scout the place and had an Undercrown Shade while there, loved the cigar and the atmosphere.

The second trip was to meet @Yakster, was a great time all around. Had 3 cigars while there, one was another Shade, tried my first "NUB" the Cameroon which had a great taste and was really creamy and while talking with the owner, "Bill Davis" about wanting to try one more that I may have a hard time finding, he talked about his "10 Year Anniversary Stick". Ended up comping both me and @Yakster a stick each. I started mine early and after noting some leathery-ness and some sweetness with a creamy side to it, I suggested Yakster try one, after he showed interest I motioned to Bill and told him my friend would like to try one and got one for him to try as well. As I smoked through it, there was some strong peppery notes and the sweetness stayed with it to the very end. I liked them so much I requested 2 more for the road (sitting in the Humi now) but asked if I could have one of their "Evil Clown" boxes to put them in. They were out of empty boxes so they opened a new one in their humidor room and emptied it so that I could have the box, which was also free. It should be noted I previously asked about buying an empty box and another guy there told me they were 20$ a piece.

While there I also met an Oliva Rep, who is the Regional Sales Manager, named Joe who is actually based here in Monroe, WA. As I posted before I have been having issues with my lighter and he took time away from his event to take a look at and even fixed it for me. I had a great time over-all and as I said goodbye Bill handed me his card and told me any time I'm in town that when I drop by, to shoot him an email and he will make a special trip out to visit with me.

It's definitely going to be my go to place if I am ever back in that area. I enjoyed the entire experience and look forward to my next one.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun to meet up with @Crisius, lots of folks BYoB to this place, but I was still surprised to see someone toting a bottle of aged whisky around. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always cool to meet folks on the road
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    West Coast is a awesome spot. They do a fire pit, bbq's, and it's BYOB! It's one of the last full-fledged cigar shops in the south bay area. Much better than some of the other small shops that are more or less smoking rooms. They used to have another called Knickerbockers in Menlo-Park and myself and some others from the sister forum had a nice herf-n-trade there but they shut it down. West Coast is a gem in a hostile tobacco-targeted environment. I'm going to the tobacco mecca soon (Vegas) and plan to smoke like a king and not feel like a social pariah. I plan to do mad puffing! 
     West Coast Cigars is having an Espinosa Cigars & Evil Clown event Friday, August 12th from 5pm - 9pm, I'm hoping to make it down there to join in the festivities.

I really like the Evil Clown cigars.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evil Clown, thought you were talking about my wife for a minute, jk, not really 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoot! Next time I'm in town, we should meet up there.
    Let me know Ryan, we can make it happen. 

From West Coast Cigar, not sure how I feel about this:

Saturday, September 24 at 4 PM - 9 PM

This will be the event of the century - and you dont want to miss it - meet Jonathan Drew - You know things are going to be crazy. Crazy deals, raffles, amazing cigars, great food, churros and what ever else we can pull off. Dont miss the event people will be talking about for years.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yakster said:

From West Coast Cigar, not sure how I feel about this:

Saturday, September 24 at 4 PM - 9 PM

This will be the event of the century - and you dont want to miss it - meet Jonathan Drew - You know things are going to be crazy. Crazy deals, raffles, amazing cigars, great food, churros and what ever else we can pull off. Dont miss the event people will be talking about for years.

Get some pigs (re-release) and see how they are if they have them. Curious.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for the churros!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Not a big churro fan.

No wonder your not excited...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    I got a couple pigs the other day. Haven't lit them up yet. Better with rest or no? I've heard they're better sooner than later... think @Wylaff told me that

There's a local restaurant that makes a killer Churro waffle, though, that's out of this world.

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan1990 said:
    I got a couple pigs the other day. Haven't lit them up yet. Better with rest or no? I've heard they're better sooner than later... think @Wylaff told me that

Agree with Wayne and Nick here, they are better fresh as they haven't lost the punch and kick that they're known for. I've had several aged Ligas and while I still enjoy them immensely they are one of the few that I think are better without age. The stalk cut broadleaf is amazing as is and loses something after time. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Man. Well I'm glad I get an excuse to smoke them sooner than later, I guess, but I think I'll still have to hang on to a couple of them.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked an OR release T52 Pig with about 5 years on it about a year and a half ago and was absolutely stellar. Never did try the No. 9 Pig so cant say, but hope the re-release are just as good as the originals. Enjoy Ryan and good to see you back man, hope you had a great honeymoon and aren't too "sore" HAHAHA

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Haha, nope I'm hanging in there just fine. Throat has felt terrible for the last week though. Hoping to light my first cigar in 8 days here in about an hour.
    Stopped in at WCC after a long day of work and errands, place was busy. They sold out of the good stuff early and I still had to rustle up grub so I just picked up a pack of 10 Evil Years barber pole house sticks and called it good.  They were having whiskey tastings, raffles, and meet & greet with Jonathan Drew.

Pretty cool, Chris!
    Any locals interested in a WCC herf?

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster schedule looks good towards the end of the week. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Possibly.

WCC is hosting a Dapper Cigar (La Madrina, etc.) event tonight from 5 - 9. I'm considering stopping in.

• KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun!  That was cool reading the first post.  Nice to hear them taking care of customers. 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I was in WC it was completely empty. Had a total of 100 cigars… Was disappointed to say the least but hope it gets turned around.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....