Home Cigar 101

Cigar.com

Have smoked cigars for 55 years. Bought from Famous, JR, brick and mortar stores and many other mail order houses.  Cigar.com is by far the superior cigar company.  Great variety and VERY reasonable prices.  I can see that they must be giving fits to JR (now an Altadis Company).  Just look at JR recent catalog.....it is copying everything Cigar.com is doing.  Keep up the good work Cigar.com

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think we are all still here? Nothing but the best at ccom!
    Money can't buy taste
  • harrisjlharrisjl Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I've bought on-line from cigar.cm and JR (I bought one auction item...  JR has a wharehouse local to me within an hour and a half)  cigar.cm has better service in my opiniion and there isn't that big of a difference in travel time considering the proximity.  BNMs I've used are TinderBox and JR.  I always stop by JR on the way to the Smokey Mountains and it is very nice (no joke Smokies are what they're called)  I'm pretty much happy here....  There is a nice BNM with a lounge here called Empire but if I go there it's to buy 1/smoke it.... I've got a cigar.cm catalog I don't have one from JR and ordered there first :P

• Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    @harrisjl Are you talking about the JR in Burlington? Used to go there all the time while I was in school. They have a huge humi, but back then they didn't have many hard-to-find lines, so I looked to Ccom for that. Not sure if JR has gotten any better, but I like the deals and care in shipping at Ccom better, anyway.

Ryan1990 said:
    @harrisjl Are you talking about the JR in Burlington? Used to go there all the time while I was in school. They have a huge humi, but back then they didn't have many hard-to-find lines, so I looked to Ccom for that. Not sure if JR has gotten any better, but I like the deals and care in shipping at Ccom better, anyway.

I've only been smoking cigars regularly for a few years now.  Pretty sure that's the only JR in NC.  JR is overwhelming compared to every other place in Raleigh LOL  Their selection might be better now but I don't have a frame of reference to go on.  Empire has a fairly good selection of hard to find items but they're pricey.....  Up until now I've stuck to a couple well known consistent brands....  I've been checking out things like the daily deals here lately.  I bought an item of there last week....
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    JR used to have another big warehouse-type store in Statesville, but they closed that down and opened a cigar-only B&M about 12 miles south on 77 in Mooresville. IMO that shop does a much better job of keeping interesting stock than the old one did.
    Ryan1990 said:
    JR used to have another big warehouse-type store in Statesville, but they closed that down and opened a cigar-only B&M about 12 miles south on 77 in Mooresville. IMO that shop does a much better job of keeping interesting stock than the old one did.
    That's interesting I did not know that I just googled it....  There is one in Selma as well.....
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR in Selma is my go to B & M.  It's about 55 minutes from me and they have a really nice lounge, great leather chairs and couches and a number of flat screen TV's.  There is a really nice a store with a lot of decent brands and a few I didn't know about.  A couple of them I tried and they turned out pretty good.  The entire store part is humidified and there is a walk-in section inside the store with decent upper end cigars.

The manager, Bryan, is a really great guy and very , knowledgeable and always ready to help.  I have not heard good things about the online business.  A fellow cigar smoker at school has has several issues with them.

It's right off I-95, Exit 97, so if  you're driving by, stop in, have a cigar an relax.  If you see a short, fat, Santa Claus looking guy sitting there, that's me, say hello.