Home Non Cigar Related

coffee coffee coffee with petah petah petah

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
sup fellas. here is another video from our coffee insights series we did with our Peter Schmidt of The Excellent Cup. This one is one storage. Hope you dig!

http://developingpalates.com/editorials/coffee-editorials/coffee-insights-storage/

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Awesome stuff Jiunn bug thanks for sharing! And a big congrats to you guys and Peter on doing this, cant wait to take a look at the video off work hours!

Brett

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lies!  All lies!!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.  I just watched both videos.  I am glad I am not the only one where it took months to figure out a good grind and way to pour for a chemex.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jiunn, when will you cover the topic of "post coffee poops"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Gibby you bring up an excellent point.  I will do Facebook live with that topic 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    Gibby you bring up an excellent point.  I will do Facebook live with that topic 
    RSVP: Yes.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the video about storage. It was the first I've watched and I learned a few worthwhile things. 

a shortcoming that I noticed, though, not with the video itself, but with the screen view for those of us who do most or all of our 'putering on our smartphone, is shown in tha attached photo:  image

This probably doesn't show up on a laptop or PC but illustrates one reason why I refuse to have anything to do with 'social media'. The verbiage that I'd like to read is obliterated by what I deem to be advertising or spam. And there's no way I can make it go away. 

Very annoying. 

One other bit of constructive criticism I'll mention is that, as with tv, the speaker should look directly into the camera unless he's speaking to another person who's onscreen with him. Looking away tends to give the speaker a nervous, shifty-eyed appearance IMHO. 

Other than that, I enjoyed the video and will look forward to seeing more in the future. Thanks for putting this out there for us.  B)
    Watch people who are collecting their thoughts, while speaking to you in person sometime.  The study of body language and facial expressions tells you that they look left and up when formulating thoughts.

That plus, I was a little nervous, being on the spot as the expert and knowing the 'cameras were rolling'.  Thanks for your feedback.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Peter just IS shifty eyed.

Great info Peter.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    I wasn't referring only to Peter. Jiunn is guilty, too....   :#

Of course, Jiunn's kinda shifty anyway...   :p
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great interview Peter and Jiunn
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    great interview Peter and Jiunn
    I forgot to throw out a few freebie tips on restraint.  Dang.  Next time, though.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video, and Jiunn's comment about storing coffee with Boveda packs is interesting, just not ones for cigars. Here's a chart from the Boveda website I found a while ago. 

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This time with the chart, which may have been removed from the Boveda site.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I like it!  I love it!!  But I wouldn't buy it.  :smile:

That would be better than a regular canister, but the zipper pouches work just as well because you can push most of the air out before closing the bag.  This would just take up more room, and could be a PITA to pump every time you use it.
    As the resident skeptic, and particularly after watching the two videos that accompany that ad, I'd say forget it. As with most items involving the use of a vacuum pump ( a vacuum cork for wine bottles comes to mind) the vacuum eventually begins to leak and you're back to square one. 

You can buy canisters like, say, Tupperware for a lot less money and no leak problem.....  

So sayeth the oldfart....   B)
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    sounds good, I will keep it in the pouch.