Home General Discussion

Gurkha Explosion?

EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
The other night, I was smoking a Centurian that I got in a sampler.  I had brought it with a couple others to a party, and that was the last one in the travel case.  Once I got it to light, it burned unevenly, then started running FAST on one side and suddenly it was blown wide open.  I had to actually cut it and relight to try to finish the cigar.  
Of course, I logged on here and looked in the forum history, where I found several references, usually in a joking manner, to Gurkhas coming apart.  Is this really that common?  I actually kinda liked the flavor at first, but if I can expect my cigar to look like it exploded every time, I won't be repeating that experience.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not every time, but often enough to become a cliche.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been my experience that most of them, with few exceptions, are 3 out of 5 no good on construction, which is a shame, because some of them taste really good!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, buy Gurkha's and make novelty exploding cigars out of them, that way it'll be a feature not a bug. 

Yeah, split wrappers are very common. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Gurkha left from a sampler I'll give to anyone that wants after reading all the comments lol. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, there's a running joke for a reason. I've had multiple pop, and while I could smoke through it (mostly), I'd rather not.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    That's disappointing.  I actually liked the flavor.  Since it was part of a sampler, I don't feel too bad, but it looks like I won't be ordering any on purpose.  

Thanks for the comments, guys.  I like it here.  So far, nothing but a great atmosphere, and a lot of good information.  Look forward to eventually meeting some of you.
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Emcee said:
    That's disappointing.  I actually liked the flavor.  Since it was part of a sampler, I don't feel too bad, but it looks like I won't be ordering any on purpose.  

Thanks for the comments, guys.  I like it here.  So far, nothing but a great atmosphere, and a lot of good information.  Look forward to eventually meeting some of you.
    Usually a good group on the vherf. Log in some time, but I have to warn you, it can be habit forming  :)

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/713386/vherf/p1