Home General Discussion

Mold?

Hello all: I just reviewed the post by Kuzi from 2013 I believe, but wanted to post this pick. I've seen some mold before and very rarely light plume...just rec'd this box this evening, (I've never seen so much white) and based on Kuzi's take on the mold vs. plume debate this would appear to be mold...due to seeing structure and it appears to be on top on the cigar. But wanted to get a second or third opinion. 

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% mold. No question whatsoever.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im kinda new, but been around long enough to say that looks like mold. I hope you can return for a replacement?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup it's mold 
    Money can't buy taste
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you got those from a reputable dealer.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's neither. 
    That's blow

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Mold, send the pics to the vendor you purchased them from.  
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Good God!  It looks like it was rolled in salt.
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it was rolled in some kind of powder all right lol. 
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    it's white mold typically from over-humidification that can be salvaged. first take a look if there's mold on the foot. if there is, demand a full refund. If not, take a damp paper towel (damp it with distilled water), wipe them off, and isolate them in a zip loc bag or tupperware (with humidification). check them every week or so for a few weeks. If the mold doesnt come back, you're good.

• jwm8592jwm8592 Posts: 2

Thx for the replies, opinions and resolutions. The dealer is reputable...so I think I'll begin there. If a hassle ensues then I'll wipe them off and isolate as jilu suggests. It's a shame, the PS4's are consistently a good smoke...when they don't have fungi growing on them...thx again.

• RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it was rolled in some kind of powder all right lol. 

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What plume should look like

my lips get numb when I smoke those
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I'd be PO'ed! Hope they resolved it for you.