Home Non Cigar Related

New Years Eve

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
Well the mighty mighty retail beast has reared it's ugly head and bitten me in the ***...

I'm off today!!!! I work at 7am tomorrow :(

So here I am and going above and beyond to get my libations together!!!

At 5pm Eastern it will be 12am in Ireland and at 6pm it will be 12am in Germany...

I have made Rueben's for lunch and have bought Harp, Lowenbrau, and Heinekan to drink... I started drinking an hour ago and will watch internet TV for Dublin and Germany and celebrate with my kindred (Germany) and my girlfriend's Kindred (Ireland)....

Long story short... I will be drunk all day and in bed by 9pm!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    P.S. I have a crock pot full of Sauerkraut and Kielbasa in the works for dinner!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    We're doing the New Years pork chops and sauerkraut tomorrow. This will be a first for us. Apparently an Ohio tradition
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    We're doing the New Years pork chops and sauerkraut tomorrow. This will be a first for us. Apparently an Ohio tradition
    What's with all the sauerkraut. Do you and Lassy know something I should ?
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I made rabbit stew so we will see how that goes.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    dennisking:
    Oh yeah, Sauerkraut and Pork...a New Year's tradition for many!! We're doing the sauerkraut and pork tonight for dinner and we'll eat left over sauerkraut tomorrow. It goes great with mashed potatoes too (no gravy). I love sauerkraut!!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I woke up at 5 am this morning to catch the beginning of SyFy's 46 hour Twilight Zone marathon. I'm on hour 10.5 of it. If I can stay awake the entire 46 hours, I will turn this into a yearly tradition.

For food I ordered pizza, buffalo wings, and Coke.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    MAJORdorMo:

makes the best get drunk alone food huh...
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    stephen_hannibal:
    MAJORdorMo:

It would if I had any liquor =(
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    stephen_hannibal:
    MAJORdorMo:

It would if I had any liquor =(
    Liquor.... I don't even KNOW her!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sauerkraut ...uummmm....Sauerkraut dumplings even better ...uummmmm
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    What do you call a pissed off German? A Sour Kr@ut. *badum-ching* (can't believe the forum censored K R A U T...how lame)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Goldy:
    I made rabbit stew so we will see how that goes.

I'm glad you didn't say squirrell stew ...Pheebs cover your ears !!!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Normally, Cherie and I would be partying our @sses off right about now, but this year we've got a little crying, pooping monster around the house so we watched a bunch of college football (Go Hokies!), watched the ball drop, and watched the Red Bull dude jump his car across the water. I drank a glass of Cab Sauv and she had a Hot Caramel Apple (hot apple cider with butterscotch schnapps). Looking forward to somemore college football all day tomorrow. I'll probably whip up some buffalo wings and maybe some crab legs. Happy New Year everyone. Down a glass of champagne for us new parents spending a first New Years at home for the first time in a long time.
  • kaspera79:
    dennisking:
    What's with all the sauerkraut. Do you and Lassy know something I should ?
    In the North it is Cabbage(most rather eat sauerkraut, but is still cabbage) and pork, The cabbage is green and suppossed to bring you money in the new year. pork from pig who routs, so you can rout foward. In the good ole South its blackeyed peas and hamhocks, never heard any other explanation other than its good luck.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Lasabar:
    P.S. I have a crock pot full of Sauerkraut and Kielbasa in the works for dinner!
    Good for you on the multi culteral celebration! Who would have put culture and lassy in the same sentance.