Comments

• Options
    GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Room 101 Connecticut 
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan1990 said:
    In honor of the loosening restrictions on ISOMs. Do we think this one is real? (It's delicious, whatever it is.)
    Real
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @miller65rod! It was really, really friggin good. 

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Ryan1990 said:
    Thanks @miller65rod! It was really, really friggin good. 

That is an semi-older embossed band 2003 - current without the Hologram but the spacing looks correct to me.  Smoking it though will give you all the answers you need. They have a distinct flavor for sure. 

I am half asleep. Lances have a tail.

That looks like either a pantela or possibly an Especiales. They do look rough. Not all cuban cigars are perfect. 
    Post edited by miller65rod on
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Once I got down to the nub there was no doubt. It was still burning perfect and the flavor was great. Appreciate you confirming!
  • Options
    Ryan1990 said:
    Once I got down to the nub there was no doubt. It was still burning perfect and the flavor was great. Appreciate you confirming!
    It is very hard to tell at times by pictures. I keep looking at the pic and I could say fake as well. The cigar does look a little rougher (Veins) than most but the pic could be deceiving. Taste will tell. If you have the band still lay it out flat and take a pic. Many should know the difference if ever buying a cuban. There many fakes out there. 

Here is some reference. 

There are more fake Cohiba cigars out there than there are fake Louis Vuitton purses. And just like when you’re studying a potential designer item, there are things to look for to determine if your Cohiba is legit. Here’s a breakdown of things to keep in mind next time you’re out of the U.S. and searching for a few.

• 1. COHIBA: On legitimate Cohiba cigars, the letters in COHIBA are raised and are rich and golden in color. Counterfeit Cohibas often don’t have raised letters because of the work involved in imitating that aspect of the band.
    • 2. White Squares: On a legitimate Cohiba band, the white squares are not cut off by the top or bottom of the band.
    • 3. Band: The Cohiba band should measure 15mm wide.
    • 4. Habana, Cuba: ‘Habana, Cuba’ is printed in the yellow section directly below ‘COHIBA’ in a thick, bold font. Often times the script on a fake Cohiba band is thinner with small discrepancies.
    • 5. Veins: The veins should be either very, very fine or not there at all.
    • 6. Cap: Look for three fine rings (triple cap) from where the wrapper was rolled, trimmed, and pulled back.
    • 7. Back of Band: The band on a real Cohiba will end almost seamlessly without messing up the spacing of the white squares.
    • 8. Wrapper: Legitimate Cohiba cigars have a uniform wrapper color. If you see lots of tonal changes throughout the wrapper, it’s a fake.
    • 9. Foot: Look for an even cut with no chipping. Fakes may be cut straight as well, but often Hare not done precisely enough.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    New band

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    That's super helpful @miller65rod! I do still have the band and it checks out. Thanks for your help! Sorry for hijacking the thread everyone. Hope this was informative for others, too. 

• Options
    There is no highjacking. Legitimate ?. Taste says it all IMO. Like I said pics are not always perfect and you could say fake just by the roughness but I as I said not all Cubans are perfect.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ryan1990 this is a perfect thread for bringing it up. There is a fake vs real Cuban thread you could add the pic to as well, just for future reference. 

@miller65rod is right that some Cubans are pretty ugly, but still absolutely genuine. I have some pretty ugly monte #2's, yet I just smoked one and they are doing great. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cbuck said
    Opus X! Going for an operation Monday ( minor) and thought I'd live it up this weekend! I have a CC San Cristobal from @avengethis 
    for tomorrow!

Good luck on the operation Charlie
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Randy! Arthritis in the hand. They replace part of the thumb with metal! Should be easy, but who knows?! @dirtdude
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Charlie, will the metal turn green too?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    cbuck said:
    Thanks Randy! Arthritis in the hand. They replace part of the thumb with metal! Should be easy, but who knows?! @dirtdude
    Good  luck, as well. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cybernetic Ice Cream?   Good luck, Charlie.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gordo
    M 356
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Viaje White Project Birthday Blend. Love these. They start a little harsh IMO, but then they get really good!

Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Shoot should have checked on this before I lit up a Warped La Colmena. I'm not loving it. Could have joined in on the Opus fun. 

Good luck on Monday Charlie! Will say a prayer that everything goes as planned.
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn I looked those opus x up and they are pricy 30 a stick lol
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    arch72 said:
    Damn I looked those opus x up and they are pricy 30 a stick lol

Worth every penny.   :p

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Yeah I am sure but I am NOT rich  :(
  • Options
    Trinidad y cia churchill
  • Options
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yummy!