Home General Discussion

Travel info

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I see that some cutters are allowed on planes and some are not with carry on luggage. I guess the same with lighters. My question, if you cant bring them do the bars/lounges have them for you to use or just to purchase?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I see that some cutters are allowed on planes and some are not with carry on luggage. I guess the same with lighters. My question, if you cant bring them do the bars/lounges have them for you to use or just to purchase?
    All b&ms are different but mine cuts and lights your cigar for you. They also have extra in case you need to borrow.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIC in carry-on with Herf-A-Dor, can't check lighters or fly with cigar lighters but cutter in checked bags. I didn't even try flying with the @Stubble enhanced interrogation cigar nubber.  
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018KUYNEA/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

See if you can find one of these around somewhere. I had an extra but gave it away a while back to a brother in need. I've used mine extensively and have never had any problem having a butane in my checked luggage. 

And to echo the others, most lounges can help you with a cut and light. 

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Going to Vegas in a couple of weeks and just want to make sure.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I locked everything in my herf-a-dor and threw it in my checked baggage. No issues. I carried bic lighters in my carry on. No issues. 

I did not take my butane lighters for cigars though. Used matches mostly. But yes even the bars I drank at in Vegas had cutters for cigars.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I carry my Xikar EX lighter on with no problem however this is a soft flame lighter.  I have no problem with cutters but I only will bring a vcutter or guilotine, no scissors or things like thatl
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key chain punch cutter on your key ring
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I locked everything in my herf-a-dor and threw it in my checked baggage. No issues. I carried bic lighters in my carry on. No issues. 

That is exactly what I do and have never had a problem.