Home Non Cigar Related

Virtual Craft Show?

MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey All! So I was driving around today and saw a few signs for some local craft shows. It got me thinking, we have so many talented artist, artisans and craftsman here in our community, why not have a virtual craft show? I know that my family and I love getting and making/giving homemade items and we do a lot of our Christmas shopping at craft shows. Would there be any interest? Obviously certain laws will apply but if someone is making custom herfadors and they happen to be filled with home rolled cigars that is just a perk right? 
So I am gauging interest. Anyone want to participate as buyers or sellers? Let me know and if we get enough interest, I will start a new thread and get it organized. 

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea @MikeTodd, we do have some crafty dudes on here. I would fall under the buyer side, the only craftiness I perform is in the dirt
    A little dirt never hurt
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea,  I'm not a crafty type of guy myself but I think it would be cool. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Marty puts up some of his ash trays I'm in.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often wished some of these home rollers would sell me a ziplock bag.

MikeTodd said:
     Obviously certain laws will apply but if someone is making custom herfadors and they happen to be filled with home rolled cigars that is just a perk right? 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    As long as Marty puts up some of his ash trays I'm in.
    +1
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys. Unfortunately I don't have anything in sellable condition that I'd part with. I looked yesterday and I have three blanks prepared for the lathe - one of which I had previously started turning - but I don't have the stamina to stand in front of the lathe or the router table long enough to complete any of these pieces. 

But thanks for the generous compliments. Now my head is all swelled up.....  :p
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty, 
    Do you do anything with Myrtlewood?
    We stop at a Myrtlewood place down the coast quite often and they have blanks they sell.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Thanks, guys. Unfortunately I don't have anything in sellable condition that I'd part with. I looked yesterday and I have three blanks prepared for the lathe - one of which I had previously started turning - but I don't have the stamina to stand in front of the lathe or the router table long enough to complete any of these pieces. 

But thanks for the generous compliments. Now my head is all swelled up.....  :p
    Maybe with your lighter swelled up head supporting your body, your stamina will increase. :D
    Life is good, don't waste it.
    Myrtlewood, rare, exotic comes to mind
    A little dirt never hurt
    That right there is some talent Marty, nice work
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful work Marty
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll set the bar low here so everyone else won't hesitate to post their work, a tribute to DZR I did up for the Reno Herf crew. Wish you were there Daniel. 

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I'll set the bar low here so everyone else won't hesitate to post their work, a tribute to DZR I did up for the Reno Herf crew. Wish you were there Daniel. 

How are those letters applied? Can you put most anything on there? How much does a hat cost? Got colors?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used some puffy fabric paint that you squeeze while drawing or writing and picked up the caps from Daiso in bulk, I think I liked the green hat with gold letters the best. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )