Home General Discussion

Whats the oldest cigar you've smoked?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I was perusing the Luxury section here on CCOM and got to wondering... Whats the oldest cigar you've smoked? I don't think ive smoked anything older than maybe 3-4 years aged.... but I tend to cycle my humidor inventory so I don't have anything hidden away too long.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an Opus X Original Release **** from 1995 I believe it was and a 1998 Bolivar Petit Corona.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The oldest cigars I smoked were the DPG lancero collection. They were released 2007/2008, and I believe it was 2014 when I smoked em. Not old by any means, but wow does even 7 years make a huge difference.

I am smoking a 2 yr old (in my humidor) Padron 64 maduro, and it is quite good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    My oldest (that im aware of) was a 3 or 4 year old Cohiba Red Dot.I got it in a bomb and don't recall how much time was on it before it landed in my humidor. I have its sibling on the bottom level of my humidor aging a bit longer as we speak. Probably has about 5 years age
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG blue from 07 I smoked last year some time. It was outstanding.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partagas 150
    1978 Partagas a few years back. While it was smokable, I should have just kept it.

The oldest ones I've ever had;
    1978 Disneyland Pacific Straight Robusto
    1978 Henry Clay 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    When I had money to spend, I bought on of the pre embargo 1940s Partagas.  Other than that, My box of Partagas 150 is probably it.  I wish I knew then what I know now about Opus.  I bought some in 1998 I believe.  Should have bought more and aged them.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite was an Alec Bradley Pryme but the first MBI stick is phenomenal. As was the James Bond 007 from 10+ years ago.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was given two Pryme by a guy I do business with. He had said they were from 2006. From talking to him I can tell he takes his cigars seriously so I know they've been well taken care of. Now for an occasion to smoke them:)
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still early in my cigar journey,so I haven't smoked anything over three years or so. I was gifted a Camacho from  @bandyt09 that's from 2007. I think I'll smoke it on new years eve,at the stroke of midnight or while watching the winter classic. Either way it will be ten years old. Can't wait,and thanks again Todd
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping someone can confirm or deny this.
    Luke is the man who owns my local B&M.   he got these from an estate sale some time ago they were still in the humidor he bought that as well.
    Romeo y Julieta Palmas from the 90s.
    The markings on the box would indicate it predates Altadis.
    Googling leads me to think they haven't made the Palmas for quite some time.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a 601 Blue Label from Shizz that had 8 almost 9 years on it and was amazing! Had a 10+ year old RyJ 007 Edition I need to put fire to, and have a Partagas 155th anniversary Salomon CC from the dinner with Castro himself that is very old that I need to light one of these days.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Daniel may be poking fun with his swollen ****, ;) but I forgot I do have some of the LF "Butter" from 2006 (supposedly).  the name says it all and I do think they are worth the $8. (if the butter taste like butter....)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America