Home Non Cigar Related

Holiday Beers

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
I love moving into winter because all the holiday beers start to come out. Some of my favorites are Deshutete's Jubelale, Wander's (a local brewery) Royal Tannenbaum, Boundary Bay (another local brewery) Cabin Fever.

What are some of your favorites?

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm counting holiday season as including Thanksgiving.....Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale. It's not overly done, subtle. Had one with a cinnamon sugared rim the other day which really brought out the pumpkin in it so I've started doing those at home. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    I'm counting holiday season as including Thanksgiving.....Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale. It's not overly done, subtle. Had one with a cinnamon sugared rim the other day which really brought out the pumpkin in it so I've started doing those at home. 
    Interesting...I'll have to try that one if I can find it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Punkin' Ale sounds great.  This my favorite time of the year for that reason.
    YankeeMan said:
    The Punkin' Ale sounds great.  This my favorite time of the year for that reason.
    I'm generally not a fan of pumpkin ales but I drink mostly west coast beers and it could be that west coast breweries haven't quite mastered the pumpkin brew.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Edna20 said:
    Interesting...I'll have to try that one if I can find it.
    Yes, interesting......
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Colorado for a wedding and picked up some brews that I can't get in NM. The prairie Christmas bomb should be good, as everything I have tried from them was exceptional. image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Guitarded said:
    I was in Colorado for a wedding and picked up some brews that I can't get in NM. The prairie Christmas bomb should be good, as everything I have tried from them was exceptional. 
    I love the barrel aged yeti! Enjoy.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Elf
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Southern tier 2xmas is good. The Great Lakes Christmas ale is very yummy
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes pick up the Sierra Nevada Celebration during the holidays. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Jubelale: