Home General Discussion

cooleridor

NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
Picked up a 25 quart Igloo today, also got kitty liter beads, and a wireless thermometer and hygrometer. It is in the closet with beads, transponder, and a cigar box. beads are wet and waiting for it to acclimate. Now I need to start getting cigars to put in it, should hold close to 200 cigars. I don't know that I'll ever get that many, but who knows? 
I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start prepping another one.  It will fill up fast
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I bought 150 quart cooler yesterday and got rid of the two smaller ones I had.
    2 hydras
    6 fans taped to the side and wireless xikar inside.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what is happening but humidity is holding at 53%. Maybe I have the wrong beads. or not enough beads. any ideas?
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
    edited October 2016
    Lol, the reservoir in one of those hydras is empty, it's only in there for the fans.  I do see a large cabinet humidor in my immediate future however.
    And @NOGILLS2
    I tried beads, I couldn't get it above 60 either so I bought the Hydra.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOGILLS2 said:
    Not sure what is happening but humidity is holding at 53%. Maybe I have the wrong beads. or not enough beads. any ideas?
    If your hygrometer is on the bottom it will read low. Where is the hydrometer located
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time you open and close it air is circulated.  Slamming it closed or "burping" it will exchange the air, and all is well.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Do you have the correct amount of beads?  How often do you open it to check?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I have a wireless hygrometer, so I don't have to open it to check. I added distilled water to the crystals. Perhaps I need to add beads. I have a 25 quart igloo. how much beads should I start with? I have about a pound in it now.
    edited October 2016
    Check this out, there is some good information here.
    http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=41&Cat=1
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the beads in with cigars/boxes right now or just the beads?  You might need to get some moisture into the cooler with a couple bowls/shot glasses of distilled water to let the beads soak some up.  If they are dry they will not be able to maintain humidity.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    I added another tray of beads and now at 66% humidity. Going to let that sit and if stable in the morning will ad cigars. We are getting there now.
    Received two cedar trays for the cooler yesterday, the rh dropped to 60% but is now up to 64% in less than 24 hours. They are a little short for my 25 quart igloo but I may order two more, Just being the same size with slots will keep things well organized.
    @NOGILLS2
    Did you wipe the trays with distilled water?
    I'm wondering if they might be soaking up all the humidity in your coolidor....
    Should they be seasoned as well? Like you would a new humidor?

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I used 4 cedar cigar boxes with 3/8" holes drilled in them to hold my beads, I spritz em every couple months with distilled water when my humidity drops below 62ish, but all in all it holds 62-67 solid all year round. I use plastic trays to hold my cigars.